Bargain Thread 2019

Same here.

They did that when the remaster was released - if you had the original base Mark of the Ninja, you got (I think) $5 off the remaster. If you owned the base game and DLC you got upgraded for free. Did that on all platforms too, I owned it on Xbox and Steam.

What does the remaster offer? I really enjoyed the original game, but don’t replay games so I assume this doesn’t add new levels or something useful to me does it?

Only higher resolution support, as far as I know.

All the assets were originally rendered to 720p then scaled up, now they are at 4k, so it looks better. Unlike many games with the title, it is literally remastered.

Fanatical Flash Deals continue, and they just posted a nice one :

There are lots more games in the sale, and most will work with the BLACK10 code for an additional 10% off. Check out the price with code on Fanatical before purchasing on Steam or elsweyr.

Humble Store is also having their Fall/Black Friday/Whatever sale, and they have some nice deals of their own.
Total War Saga : Thrones of Britannia is a historic low $9.99 (75%) and a ridiculous $7.99 for Humble Monthly subscribers.
In fact, they have publisher’s sales from SEGA, Paradox, Bethesda, THQ Nordic and others that, when combined with the up to 20% additional discount for Monthly subscribers, can add up to some historic lows.

I enjoyed the Tomb Raider (reboot, origin) very much. Is Rise of Tomb Raider any good? Shadow is the newest and still expensive but I can afford Rise. Any thoughts?

Gameplay wise, it’s much better. Writing wise, it’s even worse.

I almost missed it because of the holiday, but Rayman Legends is free on Epic right now. Go get it!

I guess that’s not bad. I mean, if there’s some nice actions, I can ignore some silly stories… after all, Tomb Raider is about exploration, not story wise. Steam reviews are overwhelming positive, hmm!

Like @rhamorim says it’s got good game play. I liked it a lot. For some reason I liked the voice acting in the first one, but Lara’s voice grated on me in Rise. Still very worth playing though.

No writing around how efficient of a mass murder machine Lara becomes.

Therein is the problem. The writing would be good, were it not in such conflict with the game.

Note I think this is more a problem with the unthinking adherence to action game tropes where that has long been ignored.

Could be said of a bunch of popular action game hero’s. That’s video games.

Someday creators will find a better way to test our skill, reward our advancement, and further our character’s growth by some means other than wholesale slaughter. That will be a red letter day for me. In the meantime, I try not to fret too much over the virtual depopulation that characters like Lara Croft, Arthur Morgan, Mario and have waged in their respective worlds.

In Tomb Raider’s case, they sadly turned a series of puzzley exploration games (at least in the first three games) into a cover shooter. If Tintin (another empty shell of a character meant as a catalyst for adventures) was suddenly to become Steven Seagal, it would be met with a similar disbelief by earlier readers.

Also those games are fucking stupid.

It’s pretty simple: if you enjoyed TR you’ll also enjoy Rise.

Had to lol at the idea that I could murder like two dozen guys and pay 85 bux and all is forgiven.

But wait! Fell Seal : Arbiter’s Mark is even cheaper, $11.25 (62%) on GamersGate.

Has anyone figured out how to weed out the crap when viewing Amazon lightning deals? It used to be fun to go through them on Black Friday / Cyber monday but there is just too much garbage now.