Bargain Thread 2019

Huh, I thought I already had that but turns out I had Zombie Driver and not Zombie Driver HD, which is a totally different game!

You’re joking right? It’s not a completely different game is it? I played and finished Zombie Driver back in the day. I would have thought Zombie Driver HD would just be the same game with new textures or something?

Yes, I now have two different games in my Steam library, one is Zombie Driver and one is Zombie Driver HD.

Well, sure, but it’s the same thing just prettied up, right?

I have not tried the HD version but I’d say that’s a fair guess.

The story mode also got redone. New bosses, etc

Fanatical has a new Disorder Bundle live. $4.99 for 12 indie Steam games including:

• Yet Another Zombie Defense HD
  • DEX
  • Next Hero
  • Symmetry
  • Morphite
  • Supreme Ruler : The Great War
  • Morphies Law : Remorphed
  • Downfall
  • My memory of Us
  • Super Life of Pixel
  • Auto Age : Standoff
  • The Light Keeps Us Safe

No idea if any of those are any good except for DEX, which is a decent side scroller.

I just noticed that Humble Store has a bunch of downloadable games for Nintendo Switch on sale through midnight tonight. Up to 60% off on some of the titles.

• Zelda : Breath of the Wild is $42 (30%)
  • Super Mario Party is $42 (30%)
  • Divinity : Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition is $40 (20%)
  • Resident Evil is $15 (50%)
  • Resident Evil 4 is $20 (33%)
  • and lots more.

I don’t own a Switch, so I have no idea if those are decent prices or not.

The Disorder Bundle is a new low for The Light Keeps Us Safe, and I would give Next Hero, Supreme Ruler, Morphies Law, and Auto Age a chance.

This is a good game, also Patrick Stewart as the Narrator.

Cool. I know nothing of this game, but it was a dollar-something for Switch and I like the art style so I picked it up.

Downfall is a really good game, and also really super depressing. It’s a terrifically bleak horror game…but make sure you’re taking your zoloft before you start it.

NES wireless Switch controllers are currently half off, $30 for a pair. Purchase is restricted to Switch Online members.

Fanatical has an ArcSystem Works Mega Bundle for $7.99 which includes:

• Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
  • Guilty Gear 2 : Overture
  • Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
  • Guilty Gear Isuka
  • Battle Fantasa : Revised Edition
  • Of Mice and Sand : Revised
  • Double Dragon IV
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
  • Arcana Heart 3 : Love Max
  • Inferno Climber

Fanatical Star Deal today is Sleeping Dogs : Definitive Edition for $2.79 (86%)

Steam is running a Weekend Deal on Remnant : From the Ashes for $27.99 (30%), which appears to be a historic low thus far
They also have Miscreated on sale for $9.99 (50%) but it’s been $7.50 before and likely will again in the coming Holiday Sales
A Daedalic Publisher Sale rounds out the weekend deals. They marked a lot of titles down 50%-75% and even 90% or more.

Making History: The Calm and the Storm is currently free (direct download) on Indiegala.

So Amazon is having a sail on Board Games.

https://www.amazon.com/deal/7a7fa7b8/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_e2b0_7a7fa7b8?&showVariations=true&searchAlias=toys&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=5638165a-11b6-4c6e-9f7d-2152a30ae2b0&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=5550342011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=EMNRZC3RVZM6VQ6KSEJK

Careful about some of the prices though, not all of them are real bargains.
examples:

Thanks @Nesrie - that Deception game looks perfect for my Nephew, as he loves to play games like Avalon and Werewolf when our 6-7 person gaming group gets together once a month.

I own Deception.

My group has a really hard time with betrayer, lone one out kind of mechanics. Some of these games are a lot easier on that one person though, and this is one of them. Less pressure/stress on them compared to Avalon which I also love and we do play on occasion too. The components in Deception are pretty darn good as well.

Kingdomino is a lot of fun.

Kingdomino is great, but I find that once kids discover Carcasonne, they don’t want to go back to Kingdomino.

My family bought Kingdominoo on a game store guy’s recommendation this summer at the beach when we were looking for a 3 person game to play and we didn’t have anything with us. Unfortunately, we ended up being too tired to play and we have STILL not played it! :/