Bargain Thread 2019

For those who somehow need more Gloomhaven (seriously, it’s great but there’s more game in the box than I can handle), that Amazon sale Nesrie linked features the Forgotten Circles expansion for about $13.

God no. No more Carcassonne. That game is such a bore.

It’s so repetitive.

For kids, repetition is a feature, not a bug. My kids love Carcasonne. So does my wife, for that matter. I tolerate it, for game night.

How is Kingdomino any better? It’s almost just a simpler, shorter version.

Its not the same at all. It’s shorter, more interesting, and challenging and you have to worry about the shared tiles.

Carcassonne is boring. Just remember to grab up farm land early on, and make sure you have a few guys left to pick up missing cities or churches.

It’s the original worker placement game, but with an extra side of boring.

Fanatical has Tomb Raider GOTY Bundle for $4.29 (86%), pretty close to a historic low. Nice timing if you also happened to nab Shadow of the Tomb Raider in the Humble Choice that launched today.

Fanatical also has Graveyard Keeper for $7.99, matching a historic low

As mentioned above, today is the day Humble Monthly Bundle rebrands itself as Humble Choice. No more blind purchases, now you see all the games in the bundle up front. You can pay $14.99 to pick any 3, or $19.99 to pick 9 of the 10. Humble Monthly subscribers who were grandfathered in receive all 10 games for the old price of $12. Games include:

• Ancestor’s Legacy
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Blasphemous
  • Dead In Vinland
  • Phantom Doctrine
  • Horizon Chase Turbo
  • Dark Future : Blood Red States
  • Desert Child
  • Aegis
  • XMorph Defense

There is decent value at every level in this bundle.

Don’t forget Humble is still updating the Yogscast Jingle Jam daily. $30 for everything, including games, DLC, coupons and assorted bits and bytes.

Steam has the Crystal Conquest Expansion for Minion Masters FREE this weekend, simply add it to your account to get the additional content for the F2P Minion Masters game.

Steam also has the entire Van Helsing Franchise on steep discount. 90% off The individual games, or pay $4.49 (90%) for Van Helsing : Final Cut which I believe contains all the content from the trilogy updated with some additional features.

NieR:Automata is also on sale for $26.79 (33%).

South Park : The Fractured But Whole is 90% off at $4.99.

Hmm, I’ve always been curious about the Van Helsing ARPGs but never bitten. I assume they’ve long been surpassed, right? Am I better off just playing Torchlight II or something (have it, haven’t played it)?

I had a blast with Van Helsing myself, and we did it in MP for many, many hours. Not sure about the solo experience since I do not play ARPGs solo.

I love 'em, personally. Mad science, gothic horror, steampunk madness. Occasional tower defense sections. Good times.

Van Helsing is a ton of fun if you like ARPGs. Totally worth playing

I think Buffy was saying that with a slightly different intention there…

So definitely a weird one, and maybe a price mistake, but the Xbox ultimate gaming pass is currently at $.05 per day (total of $18.25 a year) right now: https://account.microsoft.com/services/xboxgamepassultimate/renew?fref=billing-switchplan

You have to be an existing subscriber, but if you’re not, just sign up for the $1 trial and then switch over your billing.

I wonder if I’m going to get charged $.05 every single day . . . .

Only the ultimate one?

Not sure. Can’t you sign up for an $1 trial upgrade?

Includes PC, right? I don’t have an xbox

I just picked this up as it dropped $10 from what it was a day or so ago. Lowest price it’s been.

I had a lot of fun playing through the first third of Van Hellsing Final Cut by myself before getting distracted by something else. As others have said, it’s a wonderful mix of campy fun. At $4.50, it’s an absolute steal.

I tried it, but it seems both more complicated and simpler then games like Titan Quest

Yes; I use it exclusively for the PC side of things.

I switched over but assume by the time my current subscription runs out in… December 2021 they’ll have fixed the error or changed the price.