Bargain Thread 2019

The other two in the bottom of Humble <3 are much better.

Highway Blossoms - Lesbian visual novel, with 18+ DLC in the store. Treasure hunters in the Nevada desert. No choices. Just reading. I don’t know if I’ll go back to this one, but it had the potential to be pretty good from the 20 minutes I played. Lots of voice acting, above average writing. Decent art too. I can’t say I have any other games like it, so this might be a rare gem if someone’s into that.

Just Desert - Another visual novel, with some light combat and life sim activities to build relationships. Above average for the genre. Some voice acting. The girls are mostly all likeable too. I enjoyed some of the first hour. I’ll probably play it more later.

I was interested in Stellar Monarch, but I have a hard time getting past the fact that all of the characters look like this guy to me:

Wojak_cropped

Ha! That is a fair critique. The stellar map is what draws me in, but the people all do look quite dour and stoic. Like if you just stuck a lemon in their mouth and told them not to react or make any facial expression while sucking the lemon.

More Fanatical Bundles are live for Bundle Blast…

The Alliance Bundle makes a return. $1 buys you Chaos Reborn, Rebel Galaxy and Grey Goo : Definitive Edition, but the real value is in the $4.99 full bundle, which adds:

• Rime
  • Immortal Redneck
  • Hover
  • Ash of Gods : Redemption
  • The Town of Light
  • River City Ransom : Underground
  • Brawlout
  • Heliborne

Heck, $5 for just Ash of Gods : Redemption marks a historic low and fantastic deal on that game alone, toss in RIME, Immortal Redneck and the others…STEAL.

Another great deal is the return of the Fantasy Bundle. Only $2.99 for Steam keys to:

• Demonicon
  • Blood Knights
  • Heroes of Annihilated Empires
  • Two Worlds GOTY
  • Drakensang
  • Wizardry 6 & 7
  • Lichdom : Battlemage
  • Rune Classic
  • Blades of Time Limited Edition
  • Etherlords 1 & 2
  • Sudeki
  • Numen : Contest of Heroes
  • Inquisitor

Sure they’re all a bit long in the tooth, but Heroes of Annihilated Empires is a fantastic RTS/RPG/card mashup, Etherlords 1 & 2 and Wizardry 6 & 7 are classics and Drakensang, Demonicon and Lichdom are all interesting high-quality RPGs. $3 is ridiculous for everything in this bundle.

The $1 Vault Bundle features 11 indie action games with retro/pixel styling for, uh, $1.00.

The Racing Bundle returns as well, featuring 14 racing-themed games including GT Legends, GTR Evolution, Table Top Racing World Tour, and Vangers…yes, I said Vangers for $2.99.

Load up on blasts from the past with the Tommo Pick-A-Mix Bundle. $1.49 for one, $6.99 for 5 or $9.99 for 10 titles that include classics like Darklands, Covert Action, Colonization, Pirates! : Gold Plus, Sword of the Samurai and many more.

The aptly named Anime Chest Bundle features 9 games and 3 DLC mainly from the “Pretty Girls” and “Koi-Koi Japan” franchises for $3.49.

Steam Weekend Deals are live:

• Kingdom Come : Deliverance is $29.99 (50%). DLC is also on sale.
  • The Elder Scrolls Online is $9.99 (50%) for the base edition (includes Morrowind Chapter) and FREE to play over the weekend. The Summerset Chapter is also on sale for $11.99 (40%).
  • Darksiders Franchise is on sale. Darksiders III for $29.99 (50%), Darksiders II Deathfinitive Edition for $5.99 (80%) and Darksiders Warmastered Edition for $3.99 (80%).

Awesome post!

Wallet threat level: extremely high!

Awesome! I’ve had Ash of Gods in my wishlist forever and have been waffling on hitting purchase. Seems like a decent Banner Saga-like. Great price here along with a nice set of companion games.

BEST GAME IN THE BUNDLE.

Vangers is so fascinating. I’ve never managed to get very far, but I love everything about it, except maybe the controls.

It’s a fun toy, but it boils down to a game about shuffling bureaucrat-cards through a number of slots to get the best bonuses. I enjoyed it, but it doesn’t deliver on the implied promise of Crusader Kings 2 in space.

How many hours did you get out of it? 10?

Something like that. $10 seems very fair to me.

Twitch Prime is giving out up to 12 months of Nintendo Online: https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo/

Even more Fanatical Bundle Blast offerings today:

Kalypso Pick-A-Mix returns. $2.49 for any 3 games, $3.49 for 5, and $4.99 for 10. Lots of decent titles on offer. My personal recommendation, go with 5 for $3.49 and choose:

• Hegemony Rome : Rise of Caesar
  • Vikings : Wolves of Midgard
  • Crowntakers
  • The First Templar : Steam Special Edition
  • Grand Ages : Medieval

The Stranger Sims Bundle is an eclectic mix of indies. 8 Games and 1 DLC for $3.99. Highlights include the coding puzzle game Pony Island, the entertaining destruction sim Catlateral Damage, and the ship building physics-based nautical adventure The Last Leviathan.

The return of the Awesome Bundle features 12 older indie games at $2.99. System Shock 2, Kingdom Rush, Strife, Crimsonland and Hammerfight are some of the titles included.

The Fairy Fencer F Bundle is $4.99 and contains both Fairy Fencer F and the Advent Dark Force follow-up as well as 8 DLC for Advent Dark Force.

The New World Bundle contains 13 little time-management strategy style games for $1.99. Viking Saga, Roads of Rome and Northern Tale series titles are included. I’ve played the Roads of Rome games, and they are fun little casual time killers.

Along those same lines you can pick up the 12 Labors of Hercules Bundle for $1.00 and get the first 4 games in the series. Again, time management strategy with mini-games, these are well-produced fun little time wasters.

With today’s launches the Bundle Blast count is up to 30+ bundles. View them all here.

That is a really nice Kalypso bundle. I wish we could add duplicates to these. I’d gift a bunch of Metronomicons to my rhythm game friends.

Also worth considering:

• Tropico 4
  • Tropico Trilogy (don’t know why 3 is also available)
  • Dungeons 2
  • Grand Ages Rome
  • Port Royale 3
  • Demonicon

This is a great bundle. Fairy Fencer F is arguably the best Compile Heart RPG (well, it is my favorite so far) and that’s a fantastic price.

Can confirm

Deep Rock Galactic $17

Nioh for $15 at Walmart, free store pickup. Kind of tempting, since they’re clearly clearing out inventory. Of course, I have no time to play it right now. Probably better off waiting for the Nioh Complete Edition to come down to the same price. (Apparently it has 3 “huge add-ons” according to the description).

Android - Fiz (Beer Tycoon game) is on sale for a dollar. It’s got great reviews saying there’s about 10 to 20 hours of gameplay.