Bargain Thread 2019

Heroes of Hammerwatch for $1 at chrono.gg; throw in the recent DLC expansion for $7.99

Heroes of Hammerwatch is a rogue-lite action-adventure. Explore and battle your way through procedurally generated levels on your own or with up to 3 friends.

How interesting are the classes?

I’m so bummed that they removed the local coop mode in this one.

Apologies, I can’t answer since I haven’t played myself (just purchased), hopefully someone else here has some time invested.

Nice, thanks. I played through the first one with a buddy of mine and just mentioned to him the other day we should look out for a deal on this one.

Where are my free Twitch Prime games for April that I’ll never play!?!?

Her Story
Joggernaughts
Inner Space
Keep in Mind: Remastered

Wow, those really do fit the “that I’ll never play” bill.

Thanks!

I might try Her Story.

I mean Her Story kind of intrigues me, but gone are the days when they grace us with something like Overload, I think.

Or Tyranny, or even Snake Pass. Meh, it is what it is.

And in keeping with the theme, I’d totally forgotten about Overload. I should really play that.

Her Story is incredibly overrated in my experience. Interesting concept and… nothing else.

If you were Drox Operative-curious, it’s now 75% off for the week, making the cost $5, or $7.50 with the expansion.

Last few hours to pick up Fanatical’s Tales from Candlekeep Complete Bundle for $4.99. Base game plus all 5 DLC for $5 is a deal.

IndieGala has a new Pocket-Size Bundle for $5.99. Niffelheim, Red Rope : Don’t Fall Behind and Destination Primus Vita are the three games included. $5.99 would match a historic low for Niffelheim by itself.

Steam has Train Valley as the Daily Deal for $1.49 (80%). That’s a great price on an entertaining little casual strategy game with Very Positive reviews.

Wait, you can play as Dragonbait? I love that guy.

It could go lower. Just check that you’re not getting a grey market product.

Train Valley is priced at 85% off today at Steam–only $1.49 U.S.

If you owned the original 7th guest on Steam you can get the new 25th anniversary update for 60% off (~$3.50).

25th Anniversary Edition features

Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up.
Hotspot based with the option to highlight all hotspots in each game screen.
Skip quickly any scene.
Completely new map, which can be access directly from the game screen.
Many new mouse and keyboard shortcuts.

Completely new game menus and save/load system

Three Music options: The praised, orchestrated, music score re-mastered or the original score in high quality Midi recording or Adlib

Much improved voice acting audio and all-new, optional subtitles

High-end graphics upscaling (xBRZ filter) for high-resolution displays

Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls

A lot of extras:
‘The Making of’ featurette
19 Deleted Scenes and 34 Deleted Audio Parts
Comprehensive Soundtrack: 36 Tracks to add to your music collection!
‘The 7th Guest’ Novel (157 pages)
The Original Script (104 pages), ‘The Stauf Files’ booklet (20 pages), Original Game Manual (41 pages)
Legacy Editions as FREE downloadable content (DLCs) for Windows, macOS and Linux (English voice-acting only)

Multiple languages (ALL included without additional payment):
English voice acting, with or without English, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish or Hebrew subtitles
German voice acting with or without German subtitles
French voice acting with or without French subtitles
Russian voice acting with or without Russian subtitles

I remember the first time I found a Software Etc at a mall on vacation in the states. We didn’t have those back home. Wandered around the store in amazement looking at all the boxes for like a half hour, and this was the one I picked.

I wonder if they made it easier to beat the microscope puzzle. (The original game became near impossible to beat on modern CPUs because the AI was too good and it always played a perfect game).

Yes, back in the day that was the exact point where I gave up on the game in frustration.