Bargain Thread 2019

Glad you got it worked out.

I like the crew over at IndieGala, they’re nice folks, but their site desperately needs a redesign. It looks like something created by a color blind, coked-up, anime-obsessed teenager.* It’s loud, frenetic, disorganized and difficult to navigate even when you’re used to using it.

I do like their new GalaQuiz feature though. Every day they have a quiz with 10 questions about popular/gaming culture and if you answer all 10 questions correctly you get a cut of a small prize pool. The amount you win depends on the number of people who get all 10 correct, but usually falls in the $2-$4 range, which is enough to snag a free or steeply discounted bundle.

(*) No offense intended to any color blind, coked-up, anime obsessed teenagers who frequent QT3. You are a valued part of our community, just maybe lay off the web design work, OK?

Just noticed that Frozen Synapse 2 is on sale for $20.99 on GOG. I loved the first one, but initially passed on 2. Maybe now is a good time to give it a chance?

Then again my strategy cup runneth over with Imperator Rome and Three Kingdoms.

https://www.gog.com/game/frozen_synapse_2

WinGameStore and MacGameStore (just change the URL) are having a rather large sale. No idea if either store has different deals. I noticed a lot of Paradox games in there, and some $10 discounts on new releases like Rage 2 (Bethesda launcher) and MK11. The standout is probably Risk of Rain 2, discounted for the first time at $15.75. I played it more before the first patch hit than I play 99% of the games I own ever, so there’s my Early Access endorsement.

Fanatical Bundle 24-7 continues with 2 new additions.
Tycoon Sims Bundle is $4.99 and contains neither Sims nor Tycoon titles. Instead you receive:

• Resort Boss Golf
  • Willowbrooke Post
  • Craft Keep VR
  • Shoppe Keep
  • Shoppe Keep 2

The excellent Tabletop Bundle also returns. Three tiers:

• Pay $1 for : Smallworld, Mysterium and Abalone
  • Pay $4.99 and add : Pandemic, Talisman : Digital Edition, and Splendor
  • Pay $9.99 and unlock : Carcassone and Ticket To Ride

GreenManGaming Birthday Sale Day 9 Flash Deals are all UPlay titles:

• FarCry New Dawn - $17.20 (57%) Deluxe, Complete and Ultimate also discounted
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins - $15.48 (74%)
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass - $11.35 (72%) NOTE : This is on sale for a historic low $7.99 at Humble Bundle!
  • Rainbow Six : Siege - $9.45 (53%) also Deluxe, Gold and Ultimate discounted
  • Watch Dogs 2 - $7.74 (87%) also Deluxe, Gold and Season Pass discounted
  • Beyond Good & Evil - $2.92 (71%)

Finally, not a sale or a bargain, but the Steam Spring Cleaning Event is live for the long weekend. Daily tasks that revolve around games already in your library (both played and unplayed) and trying some of the games Steam has made Free to play for the long weekend (Grim Dawn, Endless Space 2, Dead By Daylight and others). It’s kind of a clever way to get folks to explore their Steam library, try some new stuff, and get rewarded with badges and items.

Dirt Rally 2.0 is 50% off on Steam.

Also, on a related note, the Deluxe Edition upgrade (if like me, you originally bought the regular version of 2.0) is on sale for the first time at 40% off. That gets you 2 seasons worth of content at a considerable discount.

Resident Evil 7 is $12 on GMG, today only.

Its actually the last day of the GMG birthday sale, 100 games on sale , one day only.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Stupid cheap Just Cause 3 is tempting me, and I know I probably won’t even like it.

It was not great. The horrible idea where they want you to do stunts / crappy side activities for upgrade gears was a bunch of nails in the franchise coffin for me.

I hate the way GMG list games with the multiple scrolling rows. Is there a way to just get a list?

They posted a spreadsheet on Reddit.

Logically, sure, that sounds terrible, but I’m tempted by Tom Braider 2013 too and I’ve even played that, and enjoyed none of it. The siren sale supercedes any such misgivings.

I don’t know much about sports, was he in the Super Bowl or something?

:D Thanks for the inadvertent laugh.

Tom Braider is the one that deflates footballs I think.

Their interface remains horrible at all times. :)

That is much more usable, thanks!

The WinGameStore seems to have some good deals today, including Wreckfest for $20.24

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 for 5 dollars on the WinGame Store! It is probably the second best game in the series.

At some point I bought the Tribes of the East expansion for that on Steam because supposedly the base game wasn’t necessary-- is that true?

That’s true. Tribes unlocks all the factions, plus the alternative unit upgrades. You don’t get all the scenarios or maps but is that necessary?