Bargain Thread 2019

Paradox Interactive Publisher’s Sale going on at Fanatical. If you have a 10% off code from a previous Fanatical purchase it should be good on most of the titles in this sale, which include:

• Pillars of Eternity : Definitive Edition - $14.39
  • Cities : Skylines - $6.89 and lots of DLC 50% off
  • Stellaris - $9.19 and lots of DLC 25-52% off
  • Lots of CK2 and EU4 DLC for 50% off or more

Fanatical also has the Mystery Gold Rush Bundle, which is another one of those blind purchase gambling bundles. This time they pinky swear that if you buy the 10 game bundle at $9.99 the 10th game will be a “diamond” level game, whatever the hell that’s supposed to mean. As usual, buyer beware, here’s the Reddit thread detailing what people have received.

GreenManGaming has kicked off a rather complicated Summer Sale. Basically they’ve sorted deals into Gold, Silver and Bronze categories. If you purchase a game on sale you’ll receive up to 5 free games and a discount code based on which tier of game you bought on sale.

Gold Tier games on sale include:

• Monster Hunter World - $30 (50%)
  • No Man’s Sky - $30 (50%)
  • Warhammer Vermintide 2 - $10.20 (66%)
  • Frost Punk - $15.00 (50%)
  • BattleTech - $13.60 (66%)
  • Shadows : Awakening - $16.00 (60%)
  • and more (click the View All box)

Silver Deals include:

• Borderlands Handsome Collection - $6.00 (90%)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Ed. - $12.00 (80%)
  • Moonlighter - $10.00 (50%)
  • TableTop Simulator - $10.00 (50%)
  • Strange Brigade - $15.00 (70%)
  • Surviving Mars - $10.20 (66%)
  • Kerbal Space Program - $10.00 (75%)
  • and more (Click the View All box)

Bronze Deals include:

• Everspace - $6.00 (80%)
  • Staxel - $13.39 (33%)
  • Just Cause 3 XXL - $6.00 (80%)
  • DLC for Surviving Mars at 25% off
  • DLC for Shadows : Awakening at 50% off
  • DLC for Northgard at 33% off
  • and more (Click the View All box)

Between the discounts and the freebies there are actually some really nice deals to be had if you take the time to sort through everything and manage your purchase properly. The Intel Starter Pack that comes with any Gold or Silver purchase contains games like Star Trek Bridge Crew, Gas Guzzlers Extreme and Raw Data.

GOG has a pretty good Midweek Sale on all shooty things.

Speaking of that GMG sale, I was wondering whether they support buying more than one key for the same game. I’ve had my eye on Strange Brigade as maybe something I could play with my 13 year-old nephew (since the single player is supposedly no great shakes).

Tempted to grab SWAT 3!

However, 1) does it even run on Windows 10?, 2) Will I sit and wonder how I put up with those dated graphics, 3) Do I have the patience to re-learn arguably one of the worst control schemes in a first-person game ever?

Maybe the game is best left as a fond memory and I should stick to SWAT 4.

You should be able to purchase more than one key for any game on GMG. Given the discount code you get for purchasing a Gold Tier game though (15%), I’d do it as a single key purchase to start, get the 15% code, then see if it will allow you to apply the code to a second purchase of Strange Brigade. If so, you just scored an extra discount and another set of 5 freebies, if not, nothing lost but some time.

1. It ran for me when I played it a few months ago for shits and giggles (I reinstalled and tested a ton of stuff when I got my new rig).
  2. You so crazy, game ain’t THAT dated you weirdo.
  3. What the hell, it wasn’t that bad.

Really? Isn’t SWAT 3 the game that by default uses the arrow keys and numpad to move around and give orders? Maybe I’m thinking of another game.

GMG also sent out additional 10% off codes a few days ago to VIP members emails.

Maybe? I just load it up and play it, it’s like a bicycle for me.

You probably need to install some mods and the dgVoodo wrapper to make it playable on Windows 10 in higher resolutions. Details in this review here:

Video review:

I’ve never played the game, but “Tactical Game of the Year Edition” grabbed my attention. Were a lot of tactical games released that year?

I remember SWAT 4 is where it was at. I really wanted them to continue that line.

Ouch, it was a lot more than just one mispriced camera

https://petapixel.com/2019/07/17/amazon-accidentally-sold-13000-camera-gear-for-100-on-prime-day/

Lightning Deal…

I honestly thought they would cancel it. Since one of my cameras is sitting next to me, clearly they didn’t. I picked the camera I had been eyeing for awhile. A 13k camera would be wasted on me. I wonder how many of the ultra expensive ones are just going to be resold.

Fanatical has South Park : The Fractured But Whole - Gold Edition for $8.49 (90%) as it’s Star Deal today. Contains all DLC, activates on your Ubisoft Account (not a UPlay key).

Fanatical also has a Flash Deal on Sniper : Ghost Warrior - Trilogy for $0.99. Note Trilogy does NOT contain S:GW 3.

Steam has the Banner Saga Franchise on sale. Get Banner Saga 1 or 2 for only $4.99 (80%), and Banner Saga 3 for $12.49 (50%).

Steam also has Warhammer 40K : Gladius - Relics of War for $25.99 (35%). It’s been a couple of bucks cheaper in the past, but that’s still a good price.

Finally, it must be @BrianRubin’s birthday this weekend, as Steam is hosting a Space Exploration Sale.
Deals include:

• Homeworld Remastered Collection - $6.99 (80%)
  • Elite Dangerous - $7.49 (75%)
  • Prey - $5.99 (80%)
  • Anno 2205 - $9.99 (75%)
  • Stellaris - $9.99 (75%)
  • Surviving Mars - $10.19 (66%)
  • Master Of Orion - 2016 - $14.99 (50%)
  • Distant Worlds Universe - $14.99 (75%)
  • Endless Space 2 - $13.59 (66%)
  • and many, many more

BARGAIN ALERT - Double check pricing on GreenManGaming before you purchase something from the Steam Space Sale, as not only might it be cheaper on GMG, but if it’s in the Gold or Silver tiers of their sale you get a bunch of free games with your purchase and a discount on your next purchase.

This will never not be funny.

Thanks @SlainteMhath, for posting about this.

Heads up: for those who have Prey but not the Mooncrash DLC, it’s on sale for $4.

Ohhh, nice find! Thanks!

I now read all your posts with Jeff Goldblum’s voice in my head. Just FYI, it’s awesome.