Bargain Thread 2019

Dammit!

Shit!

Nice. Only two games showed up for me, but I grabbed TLOU for $17. I had some miscellaneous credits lying around that made it $15, then chose a delayed shipping option for another $1 back. Altogether with tax it should be a wash. So free game, yippee!

Grey Goo Definitive edition is $1 over at Fanatical (Steam key).

That’s the RTS that came out, I think Tom (2 Stars) and others gave it a negative review at the time so I never really gave it any mind space again. Worth checking out for $1 anyone?

It’s a basic and fairly dull RTS, but you could do a hell of a lot worse for $1, and the soundtrack alone is worth that price as far as I’m concerned (which conveniently comes with the Definitive Edition). I don’t think any of the work Petroglyph did on it post-release would have been enough to change anyone’s overall impression of the game, though.

Fanatical has the PayDay 2 Ultimate Bundle live for $4.49. Ultimate Bundle comes with PayDay 2 and 36 DLC, so the DLC alone could make it worth picking up for folks who already own the base game.

Fanatical also has Yakuza Zero for a historic low $9.39. They also offer the Yakuza Pack for $21.99 which contains both Yakuza Zero and Yakuza Kiwami (a remastered version of the original Yakuza), but you’re only saving a couple of bucks off the combined price with the current Yakuza 0 special.

Buy one of these games from Amazon for $15, and get a $15 credit a week later. Currently available are Fallout 76 PS4, TLoU Remastered PS4, and The Sims 4 PC. Must be an Amazon and Twitch prime member.

Note it must be sold by amazon, not a third-party fulfilled by amazon. F76 might be out of stock right now. But you shouldn’t buy that piece of garbage anyway, even for free.

I picked up TLoU for the hell of it. I don’t even own a PS4.

Hey all, the Dishonored 2 “expandalone” Death of the Outsider is at a historic low of $5.99 on Steam and Humble, and even a bit less there if you’re a Monthly subscriber.

EDIT: I swear to God, if the Google keyboard “corrects” “if” to “of” ONE MORE TIME I can’t be held responsible for my actions.

PSN has a sale on. Lots of big stuff on sale.

Look only at my personal wishlist, these four games are on sale:

Tetris Effect $25
Shadow of the Colossus $13
The Last of Us Remastered $15
Rez Infinite $15

(What is Rez Infinite? It’s like Rez HD on the 360, but has VR support I believe, and has one extra song that wasn’t in the Dreamcast and 360 versions. So, I do want to play it for that song. And as an excuse to play through Rez HD for a fifth time, of course).

yes, everyone buy Death if the Outsider!

It could be worse. Imagine of it was the other way around?

You should be getting this from that Amazon Prime deal if you have it, since it’s just a few bucks after the gift certificate.

Sadly, I have the legacy version of Amazon Prime (the free 2 day shipping). I occasionally get some Prime benefits that surprise me even with the legacy membership, but Twitch Prime membership is definitely not one of those benefits.

One of these days you’ll pick up a PSVR and be able to play the VR version, too. It’s pretty damn cool.

I didn’t know there was more than one sort of Amazon Prime. Saying that as someone who’s had Prime since at least the early 2000’s, unless you could opt out of all the added stuff (video etc.) at some point, of course.

Back when Prime was just shipping benefits, you used to be able to add another three or so “family members” to a single Prime account at no extra cost. Then they started adding things like streaming, and generally those only accrued to the primary account holder. They have since altered how additional members can be added (one adult who gets full benefits and a few children, who get very limited benefits) but have grandfathered the previous arrangement for people still using it. I am in the same boat Rock8man is.

How do I know if I have twitch prime?

https://twitch.amazon.com/tp/loot

I have the grandfathered Amazon with 4 accounts, and apparently I have twitch prime as well.

If you are the primary account holder, you have it. If you just get the shipping etc in the old model, you don’t. Looks like you do.

Here’s what mine looks like, for example.

Even though I have the 2 day shipping, for things like Prime Video and Twitch, it says “Try Prime”.

On the other hand, sometimes Amazon has sales that are supposedly for Prime members only, and I’ve been surprised that I count as a Prime member in those instances.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Fallout 4 : GOTY Edition for $13.79, close to a historic low.

Also live at Fanatical is everything else Fallout in the Fallout Bundle for $15.49. Includes Fallouts 1 & 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas GOTY.

If you have recently added VR to your gaming experience, you can get the Bethesda VR Pack for $39.99 that includes Fallout 4 VR, DOOM VFR and Skyrim VR.

Been living under a rock for the past decade and missed out on the countless deals on Elder Scrolls games? Grab the Elder Scrolls Essentials Pack for $20.99 and receive Steam keys for Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY and Skyrim Steam Special Edition.

The return of the Empire Bundle at $4.99 features Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Homeworld Remastered Collection, SimCity 4, Star Wars Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy and Farenheit : Indigo Prophecy Remastered.

Meanwhile, over at Humble Bundle, they have launched the Hooked on Multiplayer 2019 Bundle
$1 for Steam keys to:

• Think of the Children
  • Inversus Deluxe
  • Death Squared

Pay $7 and add:

• Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
  • Super Animal Royale
  • Barony

Pay $12 and unlock:

• Killing Floor 2
  • Deathgarden : Blood Harvest