Bargain Thread 2019

Can play it on the MS Game Pass pretty cheap. I think it’s still $1 for the first month?

I think that is one of the XBOX only titles, not PC. I’ve got PC and PS4.

Ah right, I must be thinking of Rise of the Tomb Raider then. Apologies!

Nope. That includes Gamepass for PC. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is there.

Maybe it’s region-specific? I’ve just checked on the PC Gamepass and (in the UK) there is currently only Rise of the Tomb Raider available, not Shadow.

Oh. Maybe. Yuck. Stupid region differences.

I’m in the US and it only has the XBox symbol. I can buy the game digitally, but it doesn’t say it is part of PC Gamepass.

No problem, thanks for trying to help!

Do you own Prey already? If not, it’s $5.13 with the 10% off coupon, and is a Gold Tier purchase, so would net you the 15% off code you can then use on Monster Hunter World to bring it down to $22.95 (from $27). Plus two free Gold Tier freebie game choices and two Intel Starter packs. , not a bad haul for just over $28.

For folks looking for the absolute lowest priced Gold Tier purchase (to net the 15% discount), that would be Valiant Hearts : The Great War at $3.77 after 10% code. Valiant Hearts is a pretty good game all on it’s own too, so you’re getting an extra 5% off on a more expensive title while grabbing a great indie at the same time.

I do, I still need to play the DLC which people seem to like.

That’s another good game I have. Great buy at that price.

This is a very good adventure game that gets a bit rushed in the later chapters, but still provides a lot of great moments.

Fanatical’s Flash Deals on Idea Factory Games are all live now. Added deals include things like:

• Record of Agarest War : Marriage - Deluxe Bundle - $3.75
  • HyperDevotion Noire : Godess Black Heart Complete - $4.25
  • CyberDimension Neptunia : 4 Goddesses Online - $5.99

The Fanatical Star Deal today is The Stronghold Collection for $4.99 (80%). The collection includes:

• Stronghold HD
  • Stronghold 2 : Steam Edition
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • Stronghold Crusader Extreme HD
  • Stronghold Legends

$5 isn’t a bad deal, but the collection has been as low as $3.00 elsewhere in the past.
Huh, it appears to be $4.99 on Steam as well today.

Because we don’t already spend enough of our time obsessing over PC systems and upgrades, IndieGala is offering the Cyber Bits Bundle which includes PC Building Simulator for $10.99. Also included are Sinless + OST and Rogue Bit. $11 is close to a historic low just for PC Building Simulator.

Steam has some decent bargains today.

• Abandon Ship is $11.99 (40%) for 48 hours prior to coming out of Early Access later this week. The developers claim it will be the lowest price for the game for some time to come, so if you were interested now is probably a good time to purchase.
  • Speaking of Early Access, Oxygen Not Included is officially released today, and on sale for $16.74 (33%)
  • Star Control : Origins is $10.19 (66%) Recommended by our own Mr. Spaceman, @BrianRubin .

Couple more good deals I noticed in the GreenManGaming Summer Sale include:

• Elder Scrolls Online (includes Morrowind expansion) for $5.64 after 10% off coupon.
  • Outward for $19.86 after coupon
  • Railway Empire for $15.30 after coupon
  • Ancestors Legacy for $15.75 after coupon
  • Pillars of Eternity 2 : Deadfire - Obsidian Edition (all DLC) - $27.00 after coupon

Oh crap, hide your wallets! Humble has just launched the Humble Crusader Kings II Bundle.

Pay $1 and receive:

• Crusader Kings II
  • The Old Gods DLC
  • The Republic DLC
  • Sunset Invasion DLC
  • Legacy of Rome DLC
  • Sword of Islam DLC

BTA ($8.50 currently) and also score:

• Horse Lords DLC
  • Way of Life DLC
  • Charlemagne DLC
  • Rajas of India DLC
  • Sons of Abraham DLC

Pay $15 and unlock:

• Holy Fury DLC
  • The Reaper’s Due DLC
  • Jade Dragon DLC
  • Monks and Mystics DLC
  • Conclave DLC

That’s $45 worth of DLC just in the $1 tier, another $50 in the BTA tier, and $75 more in the $15 Tier. Even the deepest discount sale to date on CK II DLC doesn’t even come close to matching this deal. You’re basically getting what Steam bundles as “The Royal Collection”, which is $50 even at 75% off, for $15.

EDIT : I just purchased the full bundle because I own none of the DLC…and it came as individual Steam keys for the base game and each DLC. That means you can buy any of the tiers, claim the DLC you need to complete your collection, and give away the duplicates to friends (or here on QT3!).

I keep saying they should be offering DLC bundles for late-comers. This seems like a smart move.

Hell, I’m kind of tempted, I haven’t picked up anything since Charlemagne.

Also, no one needs to install Sunset Invasion. Sunset Invasion is just stupid.

Jeez, that is tempting, although the odds that I will be able to get into this game, after all this time and DLC…?

They used to bundle DLC cheaply and when they stopped I stopped buying the stuff. Glad to see they’re doing it again.

Why do I feel the need to get this even though I haven’t even fired it up since March 2015? I have all the lower tier stuff, but don’t have 6 of the remaining 8.

I bought the full meal deal, and, never having played before, have the feeling I’m peering down a very deep rabbit hole

It will have an initial learning curve, but it’s also one of the best games in the history of gaming (in my humble opinion), and it’s so unique it could almost be considered its own genre (or at least a unique genre Mashup of strategy, simulation, and rpg). I hope you guys enjoy it!

PS - you don’t need to get all the tiers to get hundreds of hours of glee out of this game. You could just pay $1, give it 20 hours of time, and if you’re anything like me you’ll be clamoring to get the rest before the deal expires.

That is one heck of a bundle!