Bargain Thread 2019

There may be driver issues on their 256 bit operating systems and 128K monitors. The games might not even start.

You’re right. I should build my GOG library instead. They’ll make sure these games run on the new systems of the future better. Steam will just keep them there as is, and they’ll have to hunt down Windows 10 64-bit emulators and such.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey down to $18 on GMG:

Totally worth it!

Yeah nice find!

Still waiting for my free copy from Project Stream. I guess this week they are sending keys out to former testers.

Looks like it was a mistake (although are you in the UK?)

Make sure you click on the Standard edition.

Yeah @Chappers did a misdirect with the link slightly off! ;)

Slightly fake deals!

I did pick standard and it says $32

Are you seeing $18?

I see $18.

@robc04 are you a VIP? ;)

Yeppp

Yes. $18. I don’t think I have a GMG account though, maybe that’s why?

Weird It just went up to $32.39 for me.

I see $18 if I go to the page incognito

I saw $18, put it in my cart, signed in, and it magically increased to $32. Then I logged out and it went back down to $18.

Thanks, GMG!

Just to try it, I found my old GMG account, signed in, added it to my cart, and it’s still showing $18. I don’t want to proceed to payment though, since I don’t actually want to buy Odyssey for the PC. This is as far as I can take this experiment.

OK, after I logged out and saw the price drop again, I made a brand new GMG account and successfully checked out at $18.

That worked for me too.

Ubigames do get discounted fairly heavily fairly quickly. I wonder how the business model works. They do release a lot of games with a lot of assets. More so than the other publishers I feel? It works for me, but I want them to survive to keep doing it.

Ubi seems to be going all in with Odyssey on something they seemed to put through a trial run with Origins as far as business models go. It’s a sort of “Paradox strategy”, where after a short time they drop the price of a AAA game while adding a ton of ongoing support, both free and paid, as well as an ancillary store to buy cosmetics if that’s your thing.

Might be a pretty canny move for them. They ran it at full price for a while and got their release date + 45 day buyers. And now for consumers, they get a TON of content with Odyssey just as is. But Ubi is banking on the quality of their product to keep people interested and into the game to maybe make purchases of DLC or those store items.