Bargain Thread 2019

I personally think the big expansions add value, but the drips of single missions or enemies don’t play to the strengths of the ubigame, which are more about scope and breadth than particular events.

GMG also has Far Cry 5 for $20 right now.

That’s so bizarre. I don’t need a new long game right now so I’m passing in any case, but still.

Fanatical Star Deal is Injustice : Ultimate Edition & Mortal Kombat Complete Edition together for $4.99. Finish Them!!

Fanatical also has a new Onslaught Bundle live. $2.49 for steam keys to 8 indie RPG/Roguelike-style games:

• Dungeon Souls
  • Overture
  • Sanctuary RPG Black
  • Zombie Party
  • DungeonUp
  • Rogue State
  • Dino System
  • Castle Torgeath : Descent Into Darkness

Jackbox Party Pack is supposed to be free at Epic Game Store, but they must be getting hammered, it keeps saying “Loading” where it’s supposed to let me purchase it. It will still be free for a while, so I’ll grab it some other time.

The basic EA Access deal has an intro month for $1 right now… Should get you 10 hours of Anthem apart from anything else.

Playstation owners can get a pretty good deal at Humble right now.

• $1 for Grim Fandango Remastered, Bard’s Tale Remastered and Inner Space
  • BTA ($8.50 current) to add Wasteland 2 : Director’s Cut, Talos Principle, Broken Age and Layers of Fear
  • $15 unlocks Killing Floor 2 and Shadow Warrior 2

Deluxe Mystery Game gamble is back at Fanatical. $3.99. This sold out fast last time, as apparently there are many decent titles reported in the random mix.

Paradox sale @ GMG. Pick up some DLC!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/publisher-sale/paradox/

That’s a great dollar tier and BTA tier on that Indie Playstation bundle. It’s convenient that I hated Killing Floor and already own Shadow Warrior 2, so I have no interest in the $15 tier.

Nice find. Still looking for a good deal on the Battletech season pass. Flashpoint is 30% off ($14.03) but the season pass is only 22% off ($38.99) while the base game is half that ($18.72). C’mon, Paradox; throw me a bone!

I just picked up XIII Century Gold, Real Warfare: 1242 and Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades from WinGameStore (I had never heard of it, but it’s listed on deals.gg and some cursory Googling suggests they’re ok) for $3.02 total. Saw today’s Wargamer article on XIII Century Gold, and it reminded me I’d been mildly curious about these games for a while. For three bucks, I’ll brave the mixed Steam reviews.

Picking this up, at long last

So this is RTwP for shooters?

Kinda, but it’s direct control. Time only moves when you do.

Does anyone know how much space you realistically need in VR? I think it might be a bit too expressive for my room :)

Just for you I broke out the tape measure. The space we use is 9 ft by 6 ft. YMMV. That’s the living room with the coffee table off to the side.

Oh dear. I’d hurt myself then.

How much actual space do you have?

More like 4 by 6 I think. Height’s ok though :)

Yeah, that would be a little tight. Can you temporarily move furniture?

Not really. More of a wall than furniture :)