Bargain Thread 2020

Was that ever finished? I remember years ago thinking it looked intriguing.

Mortician’s Tale is a modest game, but I found it to be quite good and thoughtfully made.

Thanks Gigglemoo. Here’s a link to the EGStore freebies, for those interested:

Humble Award Winner’s Bundle right now which includes Quadrilateral Cowboy and Yoku’s Island Express in the middle tier for $6.84 at the moment.

Thanks a lot!

No problem. I’d been waiting for Quadrilateral Cowboy ever since Tom gushed over it and this is the first time I can recall it going on sale this low. Yoku’s is also excellent, so it’s a no brainer.

Wow, I really wonder what you will think about it…

More free games. Lara is also on Apple stuff.

200% Mixed Juice is also free. Don’t ask me the difference. I’ve never played either.

$6.69 . Might work at least for youngens.

This looks more simplified than I remember, but maybe I don’t remember the old game as much as I remember the old PC game.

If you’ve ever been curious about the Age of Fear tactical strategy series, the developer (Leslaw Sliwko) has put together a hugely discounted Stay-At-Home-Bundle of all three games plus their DLC for only $22.50, which is more than 77% off the list price. Even better, it’s a Steam Magic Bundle, so it subtracts the cost of anything you already own. It’s a great way for fans to get DLC and earlier entries in the series they may not have.

I’ve had my eye on those games for a while. Tried the free version, was pretty fun.

I picked them up. Unlikely to get to them any time soon, but they are in the genres I play. And indie devs, which can probably do with some extra support.

I played only part of the first two games years ago, and I really liked the gameplay based around placement and path blocking. Was quite an unique take.

Diety Empires on sale for 12.50.

As a fundraiser for indie developers whose livelihood was impacted by CV, itch.io is offering a huge bundle of games for whatever price you want to pay. (I think 10 of the games have Steam codes, which you get if you pay $10+.)

I’m sorta not in love with the idea of spamming my itch.io library with this much more dross than it already has, but I also have wanted to check out Long Gone Days for awhile, and a number of other games here look like they’re worth a peek.

Does this teach you the game or do you really need to know how to play?

There is a many-part tutorial. I don’t know how good it is, but it does walk you through all the various aspects of the game.

Is that the only game with this alt-history premise of post WW I with mechs? I thought there was one in development that had more realistic graphics, and had three major powers in conflict.

Maybe Iron Harvest?