Bargain Thread 2020

Thanks Gigglemoo. Here’s a link to the EGStore freebies, for those interested:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Humble Award Winner’s Bundle right now which includes Quadrilateral Cowboy and Yoku’s Island Express in the middle tier for $6.84 at the moment.

Thanks a lot!

No problem. I’d been waiting for Quadrilateral Cowboy ever since Tom gushed over it and this is the first time I can recall it going on sale this low. Yoku’s is also excellent, so it’s a no brainer.

Wow, I really wonder what you will think about it…

More free games. Lara is also on Apple stuff.

200% Mixed Juice is also free. Don’t ask me the difference. I’ve never played either.

$6.69 . Might work at least for youngens.

This looks more simplified than I remember, but maybe I don’t remember the old game as much as I remember the old PC game.

If you’ve ever been curious about the Age of Fear tactical strategy series, the developer (Leslaw Sliwko) has put together a hugely discounted Stay-At-Home-Bundle of all three games plus their DLC for only $22.50, which is more than 77% off the list price. Even better, it’s a Steam Magic Bundle, so it subtracts the cost of anything you already own. It’s a great way for fans to get DLC and earlier entries in the series they may not have.

I’ve had my eye on those games for a while. Tried the free version, was pretty fun.

I picked them up. Unlikely to get to them any time soon, but they are in the genres I play. And indie devs, which can probably do with some extra support.

I played only part of the first two games years ago, and I really liked the gameplay based around placement and path blocking. Was quite an unique take.

Diety Empires on sale for 12.50.

As a fundraiser for indie developers whose livelihood was impacted by CV, itch.io is offering a huge bundle of games for whatever price you want to pay. (I think 10 of the games have Steam codes, which you get if you pay $10+.)

I’m sorta not in love with the idea of spamming my itch.io library with this much more dross than it already has, but I also have wanted to check out Long Gone Days for awhile, and a number of other games here look like they’re worth a peek.

Does this teach you the game or do you really need to know how to play?

There is a many-part tutorial. I don’t know how good it is, but it does walk you through all the various aspects of the game.

Is that the only game with this alt-history premise of post WW I with mechs? I thought there was one in development that had more realistic graphics, and had three major powers in conflict.

Maybe Iron Harvest?

Yeah, that’s the one, thanks.

I’ve always been interested in this series but wasn’t sure I’d like it. After seeing the above, I saw that there’s a free version of the game that’s the full experience as a sandbox. It just doesn’t have a campaign. I installed it last night and will play it some to see if I want to buy the campaigns.