Bargain Thread 2020

Is this a game where the gee-whiz factor of sexy graphics (mind, only at 1080p/60hz cuz my monitors are wee and my graphics card aging) are a significant element of the game’s appeal? There’s a Switch version coming down the pipeline, and that’s where my gaming has moved as of late, but I can appreciate that some games need more power to really be appreciated :)

I run mine on 1200p @60hz and I think it’s great, but I’d feel I was missing something on a smaller screen than 1080 tbh.

I was today years old when I learned the Switch itself is only 720p! (though I think some games still run at 1080p when broadcast to the TV)

I ran Outer Worlds at 1080p on a 24" monitor with my 1050Ti and it looked really nice. I think I had almost everything set to High except maybe shadows. Ran great and looked nice.

4K and all that is really great, but don’t let that stop you from playing games at 1080p. They still look great and if they play well, that’s really all that matters.

Only buy it if you’re going to play it right now though. The Outer Worlds will probably be $20 or less within a couple months.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Aztez, “a highly stylized, brutally satisfying beat 'em up set in the world of the Aztec Empire” are live as the giveaways on Epic right now, with it looks like the formerly pay to play formerly free to play now pay to play but being given away free digital card game Faeria next.

Oh, I meant more, is this a game that would be more awe-inspiring on my gaming PC than on the smaller, less capable Switch. Some games are just graphical tour de forces you wanna blast into your eyeholes at maximum quality settings, and others are games that have graphics you look at while you play, lol

Ah… well, I don’t think it’s the type of game meant to be a graphical tour de force. I think you could safely wait for a Switch port or a lower price. Obsidian isn’t known as a graphical powerhouse.

No worries! I thought maybe the scifi setting might set it up for some gee-whiz visuals, No Man’s Sky style, but have been pretty purposefully avoiding reading much about the game to keep it fresh for myself.

Thanks y’all!

Excellent PlayStation Retro sale if anyone’s interested. Includes some Arcade Archives releases, PSOne games, remasters, etc.

Notably included is the Garou: Mark of the Wolves release that got updated networking code in the last couple weeks.

@ArmandoPenblade

Believe me - geewhiz visuals are not something to gaze at!

You can tell Valentine’s Day is in the air.

Space Beast Terror Fright is $3 for 2 keys today on Chrono.gg, new lowest price.

It’s multiplayer only but looks amazing. I’ve got a copy and would like to give it a go sometime.

Amazing game. Everyone needs to own it.

I played this thing til the dang wheels fell off about a year ago with a couple friends. They ended up loving it way more than me, and I had a grea time. Do what I did - buy 4 copies and force them to play it!

Killer 12 bundle at Fanatical for $4.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-12

Been holding out on the surge and kofxiv. Bought.

Humble Digital Tabletop Bundle 2
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/digital-tabletop-2

$1 tier - Gremlins Inc, Reigns, Reigns: Her Majesty
BtA - Terraforming Mars, Armello, For the King (incl all exps)
$10 - Slay the Spire