Bargain Thread 2020

It’s the Sims, so they’re giving away the razor handle hoping you’ll buy blades forever.

Yeah they’ve given that base game away several times now, after the pony up for a like 500 dollars of expansions that never get below 19.99 and only have weirdo weird Smash Up combos. They’re making Paradox proud.

Shows up as $39.99 for me.

Me too, you get Sims 4 for free if you sign up to their subscription attempt “Origin Access”.

Er. Not exactly “free” then, is it?

My mistake everyone. I saw it advertised as FREE on IsThereAnyDeal and since I already received it free through Origin in a previous giveaway (thus it just shows as “owned” for me) I could not personally confirm the freebie didn’t have a catch. Thanks for the update, and sorry to disappoint.

It actually was free through the weekend, so you weren’t wrong :)

You’re not wrong. It’s still free. I remember having a problem getting this free when I got it last time though. I think I had to ad it to my wishlist and from there I saw the 0.00 price. It was… weird. I was pretty sure it’s supposed to be free all month, but that might be for the PS4.

@Jason_McMaster Humble made a bundle just for you, in celebration of your new VR headset!

Wow, nice bundle for sure. I have some of the games and it’s still worth it to pick up the missing ones.

Wish Gorn had a Quest port!

Sims4 is indeed free. You just need regular old Origin client…

…and you need to be in North America.

$15.23

I have not used this expansion, and yes, I did buy this. Camel says this is the lowest.

https://store.ubi.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division-2/5b06a3994e0165fa45ffdcdf.html?lang=en_US

$3 for the base game.
I guess they’re trying to inject some new players with the new paid expansion coming out soon.
Anyways I paid full price to play with buddies at launch. The base game content is more than worth your time and $3. It’s a fun, uh, shlooter.

covers ears

You said the word!!*

*Points if you can name the allusion.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought!

So what’s the trick? I still don’t see it free in the client. Shows $39.99.

Thanks,
Diego

I assumed from Knightsaber’s post that the Sims deal had expired. I didn’t care enough about the game to look into it any further.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Assassin’s Creed Odyssey : Gold Edition for $24.99 (75%), a historic low. Gold Edition contains the game and Season Pass, plus remastered editions of Assassin’s Creed 3 and Liberation.

Fanatical also has the Cryptic Bundle 9 live. $1.99 for 8 HOGs (Hidden Object Games) from publisher Artifex Mundi.

If you nabbed Pathfinder : Kingmaker in the current Humble Choice Bundle, you can get the Season Pass for $18.65 (25%) at Fanatical. Not the lowest it’s been, but fairly close and certainly a great deal when combined with the Humble purchase.

GreenManGaming has historic lows on:

Bargain Caravan on the move! I will be heading to Kansas City (the one in Missouri) tomorrow through Tuesday and may be running silent for a bit as I won’t have much downtime to post.

I saw one reddit thread that it was for that weekend, another that it was for the entire month. (The Sims 4 freebie). Some people see it free, some don’t, I give up :)

Finally grabbed The Outer Worlds at a nicely deep discount at GMG (also on sale, btw, for not quite the same price, at Epic). Going to skip on the season pass for Kingmaker, though. I just can’t pull the trigger on paying more for DLC than I did for the base game when I don’t know if I like the base game yet.