Bargain Thread 2020

Canada:

This weekend coming up is Shopper’s Super Sale. You can get a bonus gift card ($ below) with the purchase of consoles and various other electronics on sale. Fantastic deals if you get a points offer too.

Switch - 100$
Switch Lite - 75$
Xbox S/X - 100$
PS4/Pro - 100$

Also 6tb external seagate for 100$.

Afaik this is our lowest price so far for Lites other than that Costco clearance.

Our pharmacies don’t carry game consoles and hard drives here, I feel cheated :(

I got mine from the pharmacy. It cost me $450 or so but I got about $220 worth of points so it made it pretty cheap. What I really want to do is go to Shoppers to get some eshop cards but the fear of Covid is keeping me home.

Detective Hamble Sale @ Humble Store

Child of Light is currently free at the Ubisoft store.

Don’t know much about it but it sure is purdy.

I loved, loved, loved Child of Light. Especially the soundtrack. I found it a joy to play. You can also currently get it for the Switch for only $4.99. It goes on sale pretty regularly.

I only played a little of it on the Vita a while back, but it sure is gorgeous and has great music. Gameplay seemed good, too, if you like simple turn-based RPGs.

Have thought of double dipping on this one for a while (it’s been $4.99 for a couple of weeks), but trying to fight the urge to rebuy games I already have on other consoles. The justification of slightly bigger screen on Switch over Vita isn’t enough (I tell myself when I know deep down I will pull the trigger soon).

Tabletop Simulator is back in stock (and on sale) at Fanatical.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ironhide is having a sale at Steam.

These are the guys that made Kingdom Rush, a popular tower defense series.

The sequels to the original, Frontiers and Origins are 50% off ($4.99 and $7.49, respectively), as is their foray into more of an RTS type game, Iron Marines ($7.49).

Quick Bargain Update between laptop deployments and equipment moves!

It’s the final hours of the Fanatical Spring Sale. New freebie with $10 purchase is vehicle sandbox builder Homebrew : Patent Unknown.
Star Deal today is DiRT Rally 2.0 for $13.29 (67%), which qualifies you for the bonus game above.
As mentioned above, Tabletop Simulator 4-pack is back in stock for $29.99 (7.50 per player).

GreenManGaming still has a near-historic low price for Borderlands 3 at $26.40 (56%)

Over on Steam, the Very Positive rated sci-fi dungeon crawler Star Crawlers is only $1.99 (90%).
Rage 2 is $17.99 (70%)
Generation Zero is $14.99 (40%)
Just Cause 4 Complete Edition is $20.97 (84%) All other Just Cause titles and DLC also on sale
Warhammer 40K : Mechanicus is $11.99 (60%)
Star Control : Origins is $9.89 (67%)

The Endless Legend Collection is also on sale. It’s a Steam Magic Bundle, so it subtracts the costs of things you already own and still applies the extra discount, making it a fantastic way to finish off your DLC collection.
Same deal with the Endless Space 2 Collection

Pit People is having a free week and $12 sale.

Mechanicus is tempting. What is the consensus around here, any good?

I know that the reviews are “overwhelmingly positive”, but I found it very meh. I didn’t like the interface, or the graphical style, or the general flow of the game. I refunded it.

I liked it - I’d say it’s good but not great. I was happy spending my time with it, but wouldn’t tell anyone it is a must have. I’m not a Warhammer fan and liked it so that may say something for it.

New freebies:

There are a dozen more on itch, but this looked like the best one.

Epic - Figment, World War Z, Torment Punisher

“Death-positive” what?

Maia is currently free or PYWY for a direct download on itch.io.

Was that ever finished? I remember years ago thinking it looked intriguing.

Mortician’s Tale is a modest game, but I found it to be quite good and thoughtfully made.