Bargain Thread 2020

What if the armor is only focused on boots, hence harder to knock down!

Foot armor is pretty light. Feet are kinda hard to hit! Plus they sort of need to flex.

I wouldn’t mind PoE’s writing so much if there wasn’t so much of it.

Wow, thanks. That sale is ridiculous!

Is GRID 2019 any good?

I’m not sure. Some people say it’s more arcade-y than the Forzas.

The main thing is there is far less of it to click through in DoS… :)

Ah, but which Forzas – the Horizon games or the other ones without that extra word?

Bento Bundle 3 is $6 on Fanatical for Dead or School (new lowest), Chaos Code, Arcana Heart 3, and more.

Cat Quest is in that bundle!

Yeah, I don’t recognize anything else there, but Cat Quest is fantastic.

There’s a great video analyzing DOS2 and explaining why DOS1 was better.

I find the writing in DOS2 terrific. It’s simple, refreshing, let’s the player fills the blanks, never insults her intelligence.
In regards, Pillars of Eternity was the most Anime-in-denial crap I had read since Planescape Torment — granted, I have been thoroughly avoiding most modern US RPGs because of that, so I may have escaped a lot.

I really think there’s a substantial cultural component to it. It’s less that it’s “bad” than that I just don’t get it most of the time. It seems to think it’s funny when it’s not to me, it seems to think it’s implying directions when its not to me, etc.

Completely free to own.

A 20 indie games available on itch.io as a fundraiser for Black Lives Matter and the National Bail Fund Network. Not the enormous bargain that most bundles are, for obvious reasons, but many of these (Moon Hunters, Norwood Suite, Chambara) are notable indie games.

Thanks for posting that! Shattered Planet is a fun little game that I played when I just wanted to kill 15 or 20 minutes. Steam says I managed to get up to 9 hours played doing this. Huh.

BundleFest continues on Fanatical with the excellent Reaper Bundle 3 for $4.99

• F1 2018
  • Styx : Master of Shadows
  • V-Rally 4
  • Book of Demons
  • 9-1-1 Operator
  • Atari Vault
  • Stasis
  • Of Orcs and Men
  • System Shock Enhanced Edition
  • Medieval Kingdom Wars

Book of Demons, Medieval Kingdom Wars and Styx : Master of Shadows are all easily worth $5, plus most of the rest of the bundle is pretty good as well.

The Learn Japanese to Survive : Complete Bundle is only $2.99 and contains all 3 games plus study guides and other content.

The Radical Bundle returns as well. Three Tiers.

• Pay $1 for Skydrift, Railroad Pioneer and Thunder Wolves
  • Pay $4.99 and add Rogue Stormers, Rad Rogers, Kill to Collect, Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams + DLC, Sine Mora Ex, Clouds & Sheep 2, Airline Tycoon Deluxe and Overclocked.
  • Pay $7.99 and unlock 1943 Deadly Desert, Stunt Kite Party, Aces of the Luftwaffe and Lock’s Quest

There is also a Tokyo Xanadu eX Compelte Bundle for $19.99 that contains the base game plus 3 DLC. I don’t know what this is, so can’t say if it’s a good deal or not, but it’s 80% off retail price.

The Staff Picks Bundle is $4.79 and includes:

• Bomber Crew : Deluxe Edition
  • The Final Station
  • Guts and Glory
  • Flashback
  • Shoppe Keep 2
  • SEUM : Speed Runners from Hell
  • Hero Defense
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Hero of the Kingdom III
  • Equilinox
  • Deadlight
  • Bear With Me : Complete Collection

That is A LOT of good indie gaming for under $5.

HOG fans can pick from two bundles, the Hidden Object Pick and Mix Bundle that lets you choose from 23 titles at 5 for $1.99, 10 for $2.99 or 15 for $3.99, and the Cryptic Bundle 9 which features 8 titles for $1.99.

GreenManGaming has the lowest price I’ve seen on the pre-order for Death Stranding at $47.99 (20%).

That Reaper bundle is probably better than this month’s Humble (imhbo)

Indeed.