Bargain Thread 2020

Whaaaa? What is this? The title reminds me of Typing of the Dead, which taught you typing. Does this really teach you Japanese in a fun way?

Spirits of Xanadu is currently free on IndieGala (direct download).

I got it because why not? Seems it has positive reviews and maybe I’ll learn something for less than the price of a burger.

Mega bundle from itch.io - 743 games for a minimum $5 donation. All DRM-free.

Wow, that’s one epic bundle. Happy to see it’s already raised a huge amount.

These are just a few worth mentioning:

• Astrogalaster
  • Cook Serve Delicious 2
  • DoubleCross
  • Glittermitten Grove
  • Gunhouse
  • Last Knight Rogue Rider
  • Mable and the Wood
  • Minit
  • Mortician’s Tale
  • OneShot
  • Oxenfree
  • Soma Spirits
  • Stillness of the Wind
  • Super Hexagon
  • The King’s Bird
  • Tiny Dangerous Dungeons

Wow, OneShot, Signs of the Sojourner, Vilmonic, Gladiabots…that’s a hell of a bundle.

I need a list of the top 100 or something to add them to my library!

I might have to get that for Glittermitten Grove. It has a secret. I’m not gonna say what it is, 'cause it’s a secret, but let’s just say that you might want to get it if you’re partial to amphibians, if you know what I mean.

You missed a few:

• A Short Hike
  • Wide Ocean, Big Jacket
  • Night in the Woods
  • Quadrilateral Cowboy
  • Overland
  • Fortune-499

Loot Rascals, 9 Til Void, and Signs of the Sojourner are in there too, and those were already on my wishlist…

This is vexing me, by the way. I mean, I don’t necessarily want ALL of these games in my library, but if I they aren’t added, how do I easily return to this list to peruse them and add them later? My itch.io library is already stuffed with random smatterings from previous big bundles (like one they did as a COVID fundraiser) so I think I sorta wish they’d just unleash the avalanche rather than hide them where I’ll forget about them!

That was bothering me as well. I couldn’t find anything other than the link in our purchase email.

My recommandation is Airships: Conquer the Skies, an incredible, incredible game where you build ships and there is a strategy map and the ships are destroyed bits by bits and there is physics but it’s all simple. It’s awesome.

Heavy Bullets is a procedurally generated FPS with lots of cool enemies and traps, too.
But play Airships.

Bought. But it’s annoying that the games aren’t listed in alphabetical order (since it’s scattered throughout 8 pages). Makes it a pain in the ass to go through your lists here and add those games to my library.

One of those games is Three Lesbians in a Barrow. Lol.

Once you open the game download page from your emailed purchase link the games will be in your library. That makes them easy to install and manage from the Itch.io app. It’s very, very basic - but so are the straight ZIP files Itch distributes its games with.

There’s going to be a couple hundred more thingies in that bundle soon, including Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, Nuclear Throne, Octodad & Underhero.

It can also now be seen with the “My Purchases” link on itch.

I’m not sure if I want a Itch Io backlog. This is beginning to sound like the great backlog Apocalypse. The day when all hopes of defeating backlog were lost.

Where’d you get this info? Is there a list of what’s going to be added?

The following are on sale at Best Buy for Xbox One, $9.99 each:

• Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

• Forza Motorsport 7

• State of Decay 2