Bargain Thread 2020

Which I am. No rush. I’ve got plenty of games other than Uplay ones.

I can respect that, I seem to put up with more nonsense from Ubi than any other publisher but they have my (by far) favorite city building series in Anno and my favorite guilty-pleasure action series (in Assassin’s Creed) so here we are. By comparison, I reinstalled Windows in January and haven’t even download any other publisher’s platform (Origin, Rockstar, whatever). It’s just Steam, GOG, and (ugh) Uplay.

I read somewhere that if you buy the game on Epic that it can play directly on Uplay whereas if you buy a game on Steam you need Steam to launch? Not sure ift hat matters a ton but it might be nice to just launch the game dirlectly from Uplay (I have seen some people have problems getting games to work sometimes maybe because of the handoff from one launcher to the next or something).

So if I own Anno 1800 on UPlay, can I buy DLC through Epic?

I think the answer was no or maybe. :)

Yeah UPlay seems to reccomend against

I’ve purchased Ubisoft games recently from EGS so I know you can install and play them directly from Uplay after linking the accounts. I think you can do the same with Ubisoft games purchased through Steam, but I can’t confirm it at the moment.

They will be listed in uPlay and you can initiate them from uPlay, but you still need Steam open and they will be installed through Steam. At least, that’s been my experience in the past. (Which, I never close Steam and Steam’s downloads are much faster and more reliable than uPlay’s. So personally that’s fine by me.)

this wasn’t on my radar but now it is, thanks for the rec!

You’re welcome! One thing I should also mention that might turn off some is it can be more fiddly than Anno because goods need to be moved from point A to point B throughout your colony. This means the player sometimes needs to set up some rules as to what is to be allowed to be imported / exported from different buildings. For example. you may need to tell a well to only export its water to a particular house / storage yard so the game doesn’t try to ship it across the map to a far away house.

If your buildings are well supplied, it you probably don’t need to do it too much, but if there are shortages than you need to decide if you want to limit this sharing of resources to far away places. I enjoy getting everything ‘just so’ and find the Anno series simplifies the logistical aspect too much with the automatic teleportation of goods between warehouses on the same island.

Not for me. Anno is about deploying resources, properly progressing and building a huge something out of it whereas The Colonists focuses on fixing logistical aspects. There are hardly any logistical problems in Anno (as you said for yourself). It’s always a matter of resources (time being one, land another). I like both games but I don’t think everybody would consider them to be in the same boat.

That’s fair. To me they are in the same boat. Planning the land use, collecting resources, building the next thing - it’s just for me The Colonists adds on the layer of logistics on top of that. You do have some logistics concerns in Anno with moving stuff between islands (which The Colonists also has), the service area of some buildings that depends on the roads - but then there is the intra island logistics with The Colonists. I can see the argument being made that that is enough to make them feel too different to be lumped together for some.

Not the greatest bargain of all time but GMG are offering Horizon ZD for $43. If you didn’t have the $10 coupon for the Epic store… Tempted to use my coupon to get Outer Wilds down to $7.

@robc04

I tried The Colonists when it first came out and returned it but do not remember the exact reason. I think it was confusion over roads versus paths at the time.

Buildings that share a path can have their transport bots go directly to each other to deliver goods, like delivering water directly to a house instead of clogging up the roads.

I feel like this deal was made specifically for Tom.

The Complete Art of Guild Wars: ArenaNet 20th Anniversary Edition

$25 - Hardcover.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506715990

Ancestor’s Legacy, GRIP, +4 more bundled for $4 on Fanatical.

Free trials this weekend: Disintegration $30, Quantum League $10, Iron Harvest open beta (one month).

HOB is in that Fanatical Bundle! Everyone buy it!

A new ridiculous Humble Double Fine 20th Anniversay Bundle just dropped. Wow.

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Psychonauts
  • Double Fine Adventures
  • 2012 Amnesia Fortnight Games
  • 2014 Amnesia Fortnight Games
  • 2017 Amnesia Fortnight Games

BTA (currently $7.50) and add:

• Day of the Tentacle
  • Broken Age
  • Brutal Legend
  • Massive Chalice
  • Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin
  • Costume Quest

Pay $9 and unlock:

• RAD
  • Gnog
  • Thoth
  • Mountain
  • Everything
  • Kids
  • Escape Goat 2
  • Gang Beasts
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Headlander

Humble also has a Humble Raw Fury Bundle live.

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Kathy Rain
  • Tormentor X Punisher
  • Gonner Blueberry Edition

BTA (currently $6.99) and add:

• Whispers of a Machine
  • Kingdom
  • Kingdom : New Lands Royal Edition

Pay $12 and unlock:

• Mosaic
  • Night Call
  • Bad North : Jotunn Edition

Pay $15 and receive

• Kingdom : Two Crowns

Humble Choice members can get Rimworld for a historic low $26.77 (23%)

If you purchase the excellent Nemesis X Bundle mentioned above, and you should because $4 for Ancestor’s Legacy alone is a steal, then grab the Saladin’s Conquest DLC for $2.64 (76%) over at GreenManGaming while you’re at it.

Fanatical also has a Very Positive Bundle 3 for $3.99 that includes:

• Reventure
  • Let Them Come
  • Guns, Gore and Cannoli
  • Learn Japanese to Survive Trilogy
  • F1 2018
  • Train Valley
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious 2!
  • Meadow

They also have a Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Bundle for $6.39 with the base game plus four of the original DLC now remastered for Enhanced Edition.

Rhombus of Ruin has been on Steam for two years and I had no idea? I thought it was only for PSVR!!