Bargain Thread 2020

There’s a whole mess of PC JRPGs on sale at GMG…I am so trying to talk myself out of finally getting Trails of Cold Steel III. Pretty sure that’s as cheap as it’s ever been.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/jrpg/

They just announced a new Trails series this week.

£4 for Art of Rally on the Epic store is a massive bargain, great game, really recommend it.

Art of Rally Trailer

The Starter Pack for KARDS - The WWII Card game is free on Steam today. Normally $10

This Starter Pack regularly costs $9.95 - but on December 21st, it is free for everyone! This is a special gift from the team to all KARDS fans, new players, and veterans alike.

Spread the word and get everyone using this 100% Discount on December 21st. Even if you have purchased the in-game welcome pack, you still can and should use this Starter Pack.

Maybe something to do with the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn?

Hm, just keep getting “oops, sorry” when trying to add to account. Not like I needed another game to play!

I had the same issue; you need to add the free base game to your account then add the linked DLC.

Well, is it any good?

I tried to do a search but Discourse showed me posts about Kim Kardashian, despite the word kards not showing up in her name.

Just finished all the starter deck battles. I really like it, so far.

I tried to find a dedicated Kards thread too, and also got the Kim Kardashian results.

I’d never heard of it before but I downloaded it and ran through the tutorial and then beat the Japan deck and I have to say I quite like it!

Oh I’m an idiot… is it pretty much multiplayer only? I was looking for a casual game to play against the AI over the holidays. No way I need a multiplayer game right now.

Looks like there’s a $30 set of single player campaigns. I’ll look into it more tomorrow.

Yeah, only there doesn’t seem to be a way to add the base game to your account without installing it. Very clunky.

The trick which works for me for F2P games is that I click the “Play Game” button, and when it asks to install I cancel that - seems enough to add the game to the library without actually downloading. Worked for the KARDs DLC this time as well.

Yeah, I had to actually launch Steam and let it try to install the game (which I cancelled) before it would let me add the DLC to my account. Clunky.

I played through the tutorial to unlock all the starter decks. Japanese air power is rough.

You can play training missions against the AI, but it’s fairly dumb. I guess that’s to encourage you to play online. The first mission of one of the single player campaigns is free. After that, they’re $8 each or $30 for the set. The 100 gold to buy individual campaigns sounds very time-consuming to achieve.

I was overwhelmed by the whole idea of playing the game, so I uninstalled it immediately. Maybe one day I’ll be in the mood for an online CCG. It seems pretty interesting and relatively attractive, though I was surprised it wasn’t a little bit fancier. Don’t ask me how, I just feel like they could’ve put some more love into the interface to make it more satisfying to click and use. It’s a touch cheap outside of the beautiful cards.

Android - 75% off Monster Hunter Stories

What the heck, is this like Monster Hunter Pokemon?

I think that it actually is. It was a fairly popular title on the 3DS.

Yup! Not super complicated, but there’s a lot to do, especially if you’re completionist. I really like monster games, and I had a really good time with it on the 3DS.

YESSSS I’ve been hoping to catch a sale on Monster Hunter Stories since I got the Monster Hunter bug over a year ago! And this is the cheapest price yet! Note to temper my extreme excitement that they have announced that Monster Hunter Stories 2 will release next year, so it’s not completely unexpected.