Bargain Thread 2021

From that bundle I’ve played Guns, Gore, and Cannoli and Door Kickers Action Squad.

GG&C is a silly side scroller that’s ok but the controls can be frustrating at times. Haven’t played number 2 yet.

Action Squad is a side scroller version of the Door Kickers tactical s.w.a.t squad game. The original is great, Action Squad is a good play too but much more an arcade twitch game that incorporates the same RPG trappings with regard to leveling your team. I think it’s well worth the bundle price.

Nice! I am loving these vouchers that bring games down to under a tenner. My haul was similar:

Unexplored 2 (Yes I ended up buying it even after all my whinging about not buying early access. The price was just too tempting! I’ve even played a few hours.)
Monster’s Expedition (Installed but not played yet.)
Grindstone (Played some last night, pretty nice but I don’t see it having much longevity for me)

And thanks, I had totally forgotten about Mortal Shell!

I picked up the Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster on Epic for $15 or whatever after the $10 coupon. I played for a bit and it really is outstanding. Highly recommended for anybody who enjoyed the original games (or just wants a really fun skateboarding game).

Battlefield 4 for free through Twitch/Amazon Prime.

Bunch of other games for free today too (scroll down to Games with Prime to see them):

Prime Gaming (amazon.com)

Haha. I claimed that, copied the code, went to log in to origin… wow, haven’t logged in to origin in a long time… what’s my password??? Found it, copy that in to the password field…oops.

Now the claim code is gone and I can’t view it again.

Well, I was never going to play it anyway, so whatever.

If you click on the game in the Prime Gaming menu, it should show “redeemed” with a copy of the redemption code below.

Yeah, ok, now it showed it to me again. Not sure what I did wrong before.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Total War : Warhammer II for $16.79 (72%), not far off from a historic low.

The Build Your Own Summer Bundle features 20 titles to choose from at 1 for $1.00, 5 for $2.99 or 10 for $4.99. You can make a pretty nice $3 bundle out of games like:

• Breach & Clear
  • Hard West
  • Dungeons 2 : Complete Edition
  • Overlord : Ultimate Evil Collection
  • Hero of the Kingdom III
  • Aer : Memories of Old
  • Shadowgate (2014)
  • Redeemer : Enhanced Edition
  • and more…

The Guardian Bundle 2 has three tiers:
Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Creepy Tale
  • Company of Crime

Pay $3.99 and add:

• Moon Hunters
  • Stygian : Reign of the Old Gods
  • Beholder 2
  • MindSieze
  • WarriOrb
  • Seeds of Resilience

Pay $5.99 and unlock

• Trine 4 : The Nightmare Prince

The Epic Games Store has Frostpunk as its FREE game from now until next Thursday.

They are also still running their Mega Sale through June 17th including the $10 coupons. Those coupons make for some interesting deals on newly released games including:

Thanks for your regular bargain posts.

I’m kinda/sorta not–for-40-bucks interested in Days Gone but I think my nearing-potato-status PC might chug on it. Does it run all right on a PS4 Pro (question for anyone)?

1000 items for $5 for charity. Saw at least one game I wanted in there.

Days Gone ran fine for me on the PS4 Pro, just didn’t care for the game. It was a Plus game in March or April I think though so hopefully you grabbed it.

Nope, wasn’t a plus member, alas, or I would have for sure.

Looking at the Palestianian bundle I mentioned above: the highlights seem to be Calico and Grapple Force Rena (one is a game about owning a cat cafe, the other is a nice platformer)

Calico is horribly bad. It is meandering and buggy and its devs took launch criticism as “haters attacking LGBT-friendly game.” It’s really an unpolished Animal Crossing wannabe.

Not quite… reddit delivers the corresponding thoughts and scores&links to Steam, same kind of thread as last year, same type of google docs spreadsheet too. And many of the same games, but whatever. And more being added, Baba is You should soon be a highlight too.

Oh, that’s another one I wanted to try.

Seriously, Rena is good , and Calico is something a streamer friend of mine loves.

I was feeling old school and got these on the PSN sale:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1482-CUSA07029_00-DOTWBDRAGONSTRAP
and
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0760-CUSA05011_00-MONSTERBOYATCK00

Really enjoying Dragons Trap, though it’s definitely a bit weird and clearly an old game. It is a remake of (I think?) a Master System release that I recall seeing as a kid and quirky as hell, but I am enjoying the weirdness. It doesn’t hurt that the art is gorgeous and you can flip to the original graphics and sound at will.

I’ve not played a ton of the Cursed Kingdom yet, but it feels like a super polished and updated take on the same formula.

I played through The Cursed Kingdom just a few months back, the first in the series for me. It was a delight. I might give Dragon’s Trap a go, out of appreciation for The Cursed Kingdom.

New Build Your Own Platinum Bundle for June posted to Fanatical. 3 titles for $9.99, 5 for $15.99, 7 for $19.99. 18 games to choose from including:

• Assassin’s Creed : Rogue
  • Assassin’s Creed IV : Black Flag
  • Steep
  • Rayman Legends
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division
  • For Honor
  • Remothered : Tormented Fathers
  • Truberbrook
  • Those Who Remain
  • Thief (2014)
  • South Park : The Fractured But Whole
  • South Park : The Fractured But Whole Season Pass
  • and several more

Fanatical Star Deal today is Trials Rising : Gold Edition for $5.99 (85%)

WinGameStore has Crusader Kings III for $28.99 (42%).
They also have Hearts of Iron IV : Cadet Edition for $4.49 (89%)

Steam has Medieval thug simulator Rustler for $18.24 (27%) a historic low for the Early Access game.
Disco Elysium : The Final Cut is $25.99 (35%)