Bargain Thread 2021

Some very good games in that bundle, like Streets of Rogue and Tangledeep.

Phoenix Point has a free weekend on Steam and $15 sale.

I’ve been wanting to try this out, but don’t know if I’ll have time.

Great! Thanks for that, been meaning to check it out.

Build Your Own Fall Bundle at Fanatical. 20 titles to choose from at 1 for $1.00, 5 for $2.99 or 10 for $4.99. You can make a pretty decent $3 bundle out of:

• Little Acre
  • Papa & Yo
  • Re-Legion
  • Haimrik
  • Codex of Victory

Star Deal today is Frostpunk : GOTY for $19.49 (70%) which is close to a historic low.

If you are an Elder Scrolls Online player who hasn’t yet purchased it, the Blackwood Expansion is $16.80 (58%) on GreenManGaming, a historic low.

If you are brand new to Elder Scrolls Online or missed any of the other previous expansions, you can get the ESO Collection : Blackwood for $25.20 (58%) which includes the base game, Blackwood and all previously released expansions.

Humble has a nice bundle of board game conversions from Asmodee. It benefits breast cancer research.

Are any of these good for single player, or is this largely for folks that want to play board games together by remote?

I own almost all of those already and I think they all have play against (or with) AI.

Nice! Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game, Scythe and Game of Thrones Board Game were all on my watch list for future bundles…and here they are together along with Blood Rage (which also looks interesting) and a bunch of expansion content for Smallworld (which I own from a previous Asmodee Digital Humble Bundle), Arkham Horror and Terraforming Mars. Great deal for $12.50!

I posted in the Macrium Reflect thread but thought of trying my luck here. Macrium has 20% sale for it’s Reflect Home 8 backup software. Sale price is $56. But, there’s a 4-pack license which is $112 (after discount). That’s like $28 a piece. Anyone wants to go in with me?

That’s cheap!

So do you store the backup in the cloud? I don’t have a portable drive or a CD writer. If I back up to my own hard drive, does that really help me much?

You backup to ANOTHER drive, never the same one.

I don’t want to pay Backblaze a monthly fee. So, I backup locally to an external drive that is permanently connected to the PC. Not an ideal solution, I know, but it’s the best one I can find at this moment.

Might want to get another and store/move it offsite periodically.

Thanks. Adding a new drive is a solution, but one that costs. I really haven’t had to run a restore is nearly forever, so I don’t know if it’s worth it. I have had drive crashes where I lost stuff, but now I think all the files I care about are stored in the cloud.

I miss the CrashPlan Home option to have a 2nd backup to to your friend’s CrashPlan install.

Yeah, I think that’s the general sentiment. I also have not experienced any crash/restore required these days and reinstalling Windows, getting it back to a previous restore point is pretty easy as well. Which is why I feel that $55 for one backup license is not for me, but $28 is fine for peace of mind. Also, Macrium Reflect 7 (previous version) is free to use too except it doesn’t have incremental backups and specific folders backup, both are what I hope to get with the licensed version.

Every version has a Free edition BTW. It just takes a little while for the Free edition to come out after the version updates.

A-frickin’ men. CrashPlan was the best. So sad it went crazy expensive.