Bargain Thread 2021

At least it’s not $150USD like the Elite series!

Meanwhile I’m still using the 360 controller I bought I don’t even know how many years ago. What a tank. Gonna be seriously sad when it finally goes, although the D-pad could surely be better.

My wired 360 controller has gotten so much use. In some ways I still prefer it over XB1 and Series X controllers, especially the LB and RB buttons and their reliability, as well as the reliability of the thumbsticks. Sometimes I stream XB1 or XSX games to my PC so that I can play them on the 360 controller instead.

I bought it in 2006. If I had known the quality was THIS good, I would have bought a second one.

(But yes, valid that the d-pad sucks. The Series X d-pad is quite a bit better. I can’t play Tetris Effect: Connected on the 360, XB1 controllers, only the Series controller).

The way this is worded makes it sound like a special controller just for Canadians. Like it has built in chat macros for “Sorry” and “Eh?” and an internet enabled reorder button for Timbits.

If only hoser was the worst thing I’d ever been called gaming online.

Kickstarter when?

I love those guys.

Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition is free on Amazon Prime.

Isn’t that an MMO? Is there a monthly fee?

Yes it’s a MMO and no subscription fee, it’s B2P. They do charge for major expansion packs and other stuff.

Deathloop is at a historic low for the next 42 hours with Fanatical at only $32.99:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/deathloop

edit: only 57% of keys left as I type this

I need another game like I need a hole in the head but I wonder if my i7 6700 would be “manly” enough to handle Deathloop now that I have a 3060 Ti.

Honestly though I’m more into the idea of grabbing the discounted DLC for Iron Harvest on Steam and firing that up.

Sure it’ll run great. Supports DLSS now too.

Halloween sale now going on at Steam, ends November 1st:

Go HOG wild with Fanatical’s new Cryptic Bundle 11. 12 new-to-bundle Hidden Object Games for only $3.49.

• Endless Fables : Minotaur’s Curse
  • Eventide 3 : Legacy of Legends
  • Ghost Files : The Face of Guilt
  • Grim Legends 3 : Dark City
  • Lost Grimoires : Stolen Kingdom
  • Lost Grimoires 2 : Shard of Mastery
  • Modern Tale : Age of Invention
  • Persian Nights : Sands of Wonders
  • Myth Seekers : Legacy of Vulcan
  • Secret Order 5 : The Buried Kingdom
  • Secret Order 6 : Bloodline
  • Tiny Tales : Heart of the Forest

Fanatical Star Deal is Remnant : From the Ashes for $11.99 (70%). That would be a historic low outside of when Epic Store gave it away for free.

Want to feel old? Sonic the Hedgehog turned 30 this year, and Humble is celebrating with a Sonic 30th Anniversary Bundle. $10 nets you 13 titles from the vast Sonic catalog including:

• Sonic Team Racing
  • Sonic Mania with Encore DLC
  • Sonic Forces Digital Bonus Edition
  • Sonic All-Stars Transformed Collection
  • Sonic Generations Collection
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Sonic Adventure 2 with Battle Mode DLC
  • Sonic Adventure DX - Director’s Cut
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episodes 1 & 2

Want to know how old this makes me feel? I didn’t just play Sonic in the early days, I have a kid that played Sonic in the early days! Good lord…

Barotrauma is a historic low $5.39 (82%) over at WinGameStore.
They also have For The King at a historic low $1.99 (90%) -other than when it was an Epic freebie obviously.
Iron Danger is also $1.99 (90%)
A pricing error seems to have Warhammer : Vermintide 2 - Collector’s Edition at $4.99 (90%), which is $2.50 cheaper than the standard edition.

Speaking of freebies, DARQ : Complete Edition is the Epic Games Store giveaway this week. Next week will feature Aven Colony.

Sonic 2 was my first video game I ever got. From a well meaning grandmother who did not understand the Sega Genesis and Sega Master System were not the same. Ah well, Paperboy was still cool!

Of course I had immediately opened the game and started looking at the manual, so couldn’t actually, you know, play it. Until a year later when we upgraded to the proper system.

I’ve never played a Sonic game.

Picked it up. Seems like a good price.

Same. I tried it once on an emulator and I didn’t get it. When I wanted to get all the coins, I was going way too fast and couldn’t get them. If I didn’t worry about getting all the coins I could go really fast, sure. So it was all a bit weird. Am I supposed to care about speed? Am I supposed to care about coins? Anyway, that was my only 20 minutes with Sonic.

It’s like mario, but you’re a blue rat instead of a plumber and you run really fast.