Bargain Thread 2021

They patched the racing mission eventually in the original game so hopefully they do the same or a mod might come out. It’s a game that is well worth finishing and persevering with as the story is great.

I’ll try to be strong and persevere despite my never-ending backlog.

I actually beat the racing mission (pre-patch) on my first try. It was the “stop the Joe Pesci character from getting his ass kicked” mission where I had to tap out.

I think the extra skill trees are fun. But yeah otherwise season pass 2 is ridiculous and over-expensive padding for a game that didn’t need it.

I’ll admit, though, that I did double-dip to get the the base BL3 game + season pass 1 on sale for PS5 when i finally snagged a console a few weeks ago.

The PC version can push more frames, yes, but IMO the PS5 version is superior with the extra controller support, HDR, and ray tracing.

Diego

Fanatical is kicking off a new Bundlefest with a Killer Bundle 15 that lives up to it’s name. Pay $4.99 and receive Steam keys for:

• Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition (includes Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions plus Kingmaker, Shadowguard and Witch’s Wake modules.
  • Telltale’s The Walking Dead : A New Frontier
  • Road Redemption
  • Lethal League Blaze
  • Dark Devotion
  • Blazing Chrome
  • Streets of Fury EX
  • DiRT Rally 2.0

Spend an extra two bucks ($6.99) and unlock:

• GOTY Upgrade for DiRT Rally 2.0 that includes all 4 Seasons plus the Colin McRae Flat Out Pack.

That is actually a really great deal just on the DiRT stuff, OR just on NWN EE + Walking Dead + Road Redemption. Add it all together for $7 and it’s kind of nuts.

Also just launched as part of BundleFest, the Mega Bundle 2 contains 20 titles for just $2.99.

• Through the Woods
  • Guts & Glory
  • Eternity : The Last Unicorn
  • Lovely Planet 2 : April Skies
  • Re-Legion
  • This Strange Realm of Mine
  • Quantum Replica
  • Warhammer 40K : Space Wolf
  • Dungelot : Shattered Lands
  • Clutch
  • Four Sided Fantasy
  • Shark Attack
  • Fantasy Versus
  • Western 1849 Reloaded
  • Gift of Parthax
  • FootLOL : Epic Fail League
  • Master Spy Deluxe Edition
  • Hyperdrive Massacre
  • Spacecom
  • Anomaly : Warzone Earth

That Reaper Bundle 8 from earlier this month is still hanging around as well, and it’s a great deal at $3.99 for:

• This War of Mine : Final Cut + Season Pass
  • Shadows Awakening
  • Mordheim : City of the Damned
  • Vikings : Wolves of Midgard
  • Close to the Sun
  • One Finger Death Punch 2

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/world-builder-sale/

Lots of games on sale, so much Anno!

Time to build them cities/colonies!

Boy if there was ever a visualization of the glut of DLC in this genre, that’s got to be it.

With Nebuchadnezzar coming out on Wed this week I aint interested in all that stuff. But boy there is a lot of stuff!

I aint looking…nope.

BundleFest continues on Fanatical with a Build Your Own Anime Bundle today. 18 titles to choose from at 2 for $9.99, 3 for $13.99 or 5 for $19.99. I don’t know anything about how good some of the titles might be, but several of them are at 90% or greater discounts as part of this bundle.

Also just launched (or perhaps re-launched as it seems familiar) is the All Stars Bundle 13 for $2.99 which includes:

• Styx : Master of Shadows
  • Sniper : Ghost War Trilogy (your perpetual reminder that “Trilogy” does not include Sniper:GW 3)
  • Overlord : The Ultimate Evil Collection
  • Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
  • Narcos : Rise of the Cartels
  • America Fugitive
  • V-Rally 4

A Build Your Own Festival Bundle is also available. 28 titles to choose from at 1 for $1.00, 5 for $2.99, 10 for $4.99 or 20 for $9.79. Some decent stuff in the mix, including:

• Sherlock Holmes : The Devil’s Daughter
  • Sudden Strike 4
  • Tropico 5 (base edition)
  • Tropico 4 : Collector’s Edition
  • Medieval : Kingdom Wars
  • All of the Steve Jackson Sorcery games
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2
  • and more

There is also an Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed Build A Bundle with 3 titles for $9.99 or 5 for $14.99. Choose from:

• AC Rogue
  • AC Revelations
  • AC IV : Black Flag
  • AC Brotherhood
  • AC Freedom Cry
  • AC Original Deluxe
  • AC 2 Deluxe
  • and all three Chronicles games

Humble has a new Plug In Digital Bundle with three tiers:
Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• NeuroVoider
  • Hover
  • Anarcute

BTA (currently $5.50) and add:

• Sundered : Eldritch Edition
  • Plane Mechanic Simulator
  • Epistory : Typing Chronicles
  • Chroma Squad
  • Dead in Vinland

Pay $10 to unlock:

• TT Isle of Man
  • Sigma Theory : Global Cold War
  • Tennis World Tour
  • WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship

A few stick out:

• Death Mark
  • Little Dragon Cafe
  • The Letter
  • Tokyo Xanadu

I don’t know if they’re good or not, but definitely cheaper than they were on Steam. Had a couple on my wishlist so I might bite later. Gal Gun is very NSFW.

The Letter is quite good, if a little awkward in translation occasionally.

Fanatical has a build a VR bundle. I picked up

Dicey Dungeons is $5 on Steam until tomorrow (~16h remaining).

Imperator: Rome and HOI4:Cadet Ed are $6 each on IndieGala.

Edit: so I posted this in the wrong (2020) thread by mistake because I had it bookmarked, but Discourse would not let me re-post it in the 2021 thread until I edited the deleted one. I do not like this annual topic rebooting convention.

Discourse has a hard time handling giant megathreads with many thousands of posts, so we were gently encouraged to switch up every so often when the transition was made.

I’m pretty sure some of the older forum software would just start eating random posts when it got upset or even just crash.

Not a bargain on games, but did anyone bite on the Mega Music Collection (Royalty-free bundle) from Fanatical? It’s meant for YouTubers and streamers. Don’t know how long it goes for. All the music seems to be by one guy with a Russian-sounding name-- thought I’d mention it in case someone wanted to check it out. $1, 10, and $20 tiers.

I didn’t but I did listen to some of the samples. Not bad.

Slitherine sale on Steam.

Any recommendations? I’m tempted to add a Combat Mission to my backlog and probably never play it. Which is better? Shock Force 2 or Black Sea?

Have you played Battlestar Galactica Deadlock?

If not, that.

I did notice Deadlock is on sale today, $7.99. Kind of looks like that Battlefleet WH40K game, pretty good?