Bargain Thread 2021

I picked up Borderlands 3 for $5, Hitman 3 for $14 and Kena for $20 using the coupon each time. I should play them all by 2034.

Chappers is the best at adding to his backlog!

Borderlands 3 is tempting.

I noticed that Total War: Warhammer can also be purchased for 5 dollars, but that doesn’t include any of the DLCs, and for some reason, no Total War: Warhammer 2.

Iron Harvest is 6.49 after the coupon, and I think someone on a podcast talked about Against the Storm, which is 7.99 with the Coupon.
Is Warhammer Stormgound any good? That is available for 5 dollars.

Cyberpunk 2077 x-box is $9.99 at Best Buy TODAY ONLY (11 hours left).

Also PlayStation

Definitely gonna pick up Dice Legacy for $5. Maybe it sucks, but it looks like my kind of thing and… $5! Also Disco Elysium for $8 seems like a deal. Not my kind of thing, but everyone says it’s great. And maybe Satisfactory for $11? Looks cool but I might get bored of it before getting to build anything really cool.

Does Epic have some pricing rules preventing people from pricing their titles at $14.99? Because I don’t understand why anyone would price a game at $12.49 (I’m looking at you, Raji: An Ancient Epic). I thought, at least early on, Epic was paying the coupon discount back to the company. They should want to be in coupon range, if that’s still true.

Also, because the offer is different in different regions, different games qualify - e.g. in the UK it’s £10 off any game £13.99 or more, a slightly bigger discount from fewer games, so e.g. Death’s Door and Inscryption at their current discounts don’t qualify for the voucher over here.

Costco members can get a $100 Xbox gift card via digital delivery for $80. Xbox $100 Gift Card Digital Download | Costco

I find out about it through Wario64 on Twitter and if you don’t follow him I suggest you do so because he’s always posting deals.

Maybe the devs of that game don’t want to have a new “all time low” of $5 so in 6 months people here don’t say “Aw man, it’s on sale for $5.01 but I see it had a historical low of $5 so I’m not buying”

My guess is some content owners don’t want to give their games away for five bucks as it impacts perceived value in the future, when the sale is over.

And then others are happy to do it because Epic is essentially subsidizing 2/3 of the sale, and they make the full profit, minus the 12% cut. Or less if they use Unreal.

Just got an ITAD alert that Shakedown: Hawaii, a colorful modern (and fun looking, from streams I’ve watched) “top-down classic GTA-like,” is going for $4.99. For those eschewing the Epic store, it’s going for a buck more on Steam.

Also on Steam is Terminator: Resistance, down to $19.99, which is the lowest I’ve ever seen it. Is it pretty good? Does it give you the Kyle Reese Experience (before he comes back in time, hooks up with Sarah Connor, and becomes John’s father)?

I think the Xbox winter sale discounts are live.

From my wishlist I noticed Marvel’s Guardians is down to $39 again.
And Sekiro is down to $30 again, lowest it’s been.
South Park Fractured But Whole Gold edition is $24 again
La Mulana 2 is $12
Saints Row The Third Remastered is $13
Risk of Rain 1+2 is $7.49 again
Project Cars 3 is $18
Cloudpunk is $12
WRC10 is $30

CAG pointed a few tempting deals:
Yakuza 0: $5
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition: $10
NiER Automata Become As Gods Edition: $20
Metro Exodus $9
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix: $12
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen $9

The gaming media seemed to think it was mediocre, but it has a 92% rating on Steam and I loved it. You don’t play as Kyle Reese, you play as a member of the human Resistance, though the latest DLC allow you to play your character beside Kyle Reese on several missions. The game has light RPG skills, crafting but where it shines is capturing a real feel for the humans fighting against the machines in a bombed out post apocalyptic earth. One of my favorite games the last couple of years.

I would have thought Epic didn’t inform folks about the rules of the coupon - if so, I can see most folks pricing games so that their prices would look good if the coupon didn’t show. Interesting game of chicken if your current all-time low is between $5 and $15 though - do you price at $15 and hope for the coupon, but risking having a terrible price during the Christmas sale if it doesn’t show, or do you just price as if there won’t be a coupon…what are the odds of an Epic coupon during a sale?

It’s a great sleeping aid.

Aaand according to ITAD it’s back to full price today, wtf. I never went to Steam yesterday but I thought it might at least last through the weekend. Must have been the daily deal.

In Mandalore Gaming’s video review for the Homeworld Remastered Collection, there’s a link to the GOG page that gives you a 95% off discount code.

Fanatical has launched a nice little Build Your Own Adventure Bundle featuring 19 games to choose from at 1 game for $1.00, 5 games for $2.99 or 10 games for $4.99.

You can build a very good $3 bundle out of any 5 of the following:

• The Uncertain : Light at the End
  • The Uncertain : Last Quiet Day
  • Tales of the Neon Sea
  • Distraint Deluxe Edition
  • Distraint 2
  • The Inner World
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Windscape
  • The Flame & The Flood

Star Deal today is Resident Evil : Village - Deluxe Edition for $34.99 (51%)

Neon Abyss is the Epic Games Store FREE game today.

Thanks for that!

I’m not sure if I’ll return to Homeworld after all this time, but hey, for $1.74 I now own the Remastered Collection.