Bargain Thread 2021

It’s an old cart. $37. Okay, reality is restored, Nintendo Switch games don’t go on sale.

I’m loving this new Gamestop. They’re being so aggressive this year. I bought 3 digital codes from them, and I really had to stop myself from buying more. Not to say that they’re cheap, these are Nintendo games after all, but they’re cheaper than all their competition.

Old cart? The game just came out a month ago.

Oh, when I clicked, the New and Digital versions were not available. They are now.

Found this on cheapassgamer:

Deathloop for $27 on Humble store.

Oh wait, maybe that’s because I have Humble Choice. I think it’s $30 if you’re not a choice subscriber.

Fanatical’s Winter Sale has kicked off. Spend $10 or more and receive a free game (random mystery key, usually junk). Highlights include:

Ubistore has a 22% off code going on during their winter sale.

WINTER SALE! UP TO 80% OFF + EXTRA 22% OFF WITH CODE HELLO22

Far Cry 6 standard edition comes down to $30.41

I’m going to assume those percentages are being multiplied rather than added.

Ubisoft will pay YOU to own its games.

nickel

Ubisoft is also giving away Rayman Origins right now on UPlay. You should totally get it and play it if you haven’t already!

Edit: Apparently UPlay is called Ubisoft Connect now. Who knew?

The Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 is on sale for $49.99 on Amazon and Bestbuy right now.

From what I’ve read, it’s a low end setup that can have some quality issues, but this price is cheap enough for me to casually try out Squadrons and Elite Dangerous with.

From what I understand it’s a very competent beginner HOTAS.

I bought an earlier version and used it for a year+. It was pretty decent for the price.

You’re now my best friend.

The Muppet Movie (the original, although the later one was also decent) was pretty great (assuming the meme is from that one).

Shenmue III is free on Epic right now, just until tomorrow morning. Weird! And this week’s free game isn’t even revealed for another 23 minutes.

That’s not a bargain, that’s a giveaway! But here is the bargain: $10 coupons for Epic sales are back. I thought the Epic holiday sale was past already, so I overpaid for Hitman 3 by $10! Don’t be me!

The (unconfirmed?) rumour is that there will be daily game drops on Epic similar to last year, so I think the countdown is to tomorrow’s game in 23hours. Also the coupons appear to be unlimited again rather than single use and will apply to every eligible game in your cart on checkout! (But of course Beast Breakers is under the $14.99 minimum at 50% off = $7.49. I’ll probably bite anyways…)

Yes, thanks, I’m dumb. It’s not 23 minutes, it’s 23 hours. One game a day for now I guess!