Bargain Thread 2022

You can have my steam code and coupons if you DM me.

You also get 66% off Internet Cafe Simulator 2.

Game was on PS Plus earlier this year, so you may already have a copy.

Fanatical has a new November Platinum Build-Your-Own Bundle live. 3 titles for $9.99, 5 for $14.99 or 7 for $19.99. You can build a nice 3-5 game bundle out of:

• Wolfenstein : The New Order
  • Wolfenstein : The Old Blood Sold Out of keys already…wow.
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 : Season Pass Edition
  • Space Hulk : Tactics
  • MudRunner
  • The Wild Eight
  • Darkside Detective
  • Darkside Detective : A Fumble in the Dark
  • and more

They just restocked The Old Blood.

I’m also looking at Hypnospace Outlaw and Behind the Frame (puzzle game).

Both Darkside Detective games are in there, a thumbs up from me!

Vermintide 2 is free on steam. Fun game.

Ooh and it’s even visually stunning.

Noooooooo!

Just added this to my library. I’ll probably never play it but… who can resist a freebie that supposedly isn’t complete junk? Huzzah!

Just noticed that Shadow Tactics is free on Epic until Nov 17. I loved that game, until it got too complicated for my limited skills. Pretty much Commandos, but in ancient Japan!

Was Watch Dogs: Legion as meh as people said it was? It’s going for under 20 bucks for the basic version on Fanatical.com, and for under 21 for the Deluxe version. Flash deal for the next 18-1/2 hours or so.

I enjoyed its prequel DLC Bloodline because it was kinda the sequel to first Watch Dogs I wanted.

Then I played the main game and it was still fairly ok, but way too long for its own good, and way too ubisofty.

Watch Dogs: Legion is fairly engaging for the first few hours as you explore London and mess around with hacking systems. That feeling will fade quickly when you realize that the underlying “become anyone” system adds nothing to the game, the spider drone is an easy “I win” button, and the various missions are the same skulk around and knock guards out setup as every other Ubi game. The story is insultingly dumb. The characters are nowhere near as good as Marcus from WD2. Finally, the city is just sort of boring, which is a weird thing to say about dystopian sci-fi London.

I will say that the most interesting mission is a pretty neat Black Mirror style side scenario with a rogue AI set in a dream world. I would’ve loved more stuff like that.

I ended up enjoying it a lot, as I did all the WDs eventually.

The ‘survival’ mode is supposed to have changed it quite a lot and I never saw that.

This is all true. I mildly enjoyed it since London was neat to drive around (boring to walk around). I also had a good RTX card and kept getting mesmerized by the reflective puddles.

GMG sale for Black Friday, is live!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/black-friday/

Looks like the Xbox Black Friday sale is live. CAG finding lots of enticing deals already.

I’ll look through and try to find something later.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/deals/games/xbox

I want to get home to my Xbox and check my wishlist.

@lordkosc, Gotham Knights is almost half off from the launch price already. At least on Xbox. $42.

CAG also has this thread where they added the Gamestop Black Friday sales.

Looks like Gamestop will have Elden Ring on disc for $35! Very tempting. But maybe I should wait for a GOTY edition or something. Saints Row for $35. Gran Turismo 7 for $29. New Ratchet & Clank for $29. And a few other enticing ones.

My daughter wants to by the next gen xbox. I assume that the X is best choice for her as she plays a lot with family spread around the country almost everyday.