Bargain Thread 2022

And 31 characters! Indy is 29! Sorry, those are pretty big titles.

WRC 9 though, well… can’t win 'em all.

WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship is 34 characters

Poor TurinTur!

Yeah I’m dying… of cringe.

:P

(edit: also, at this point a 6gb game is pretty small, get it with the times grandpa)

They’re giving away a game from 1989?

Well LucasArts is selling said game for $5.99 currently, so free is something.

For some reason, the Amazon giveaways have been heavy on LucasArts adventure games.

I guess if they cleared the rights to the entire back catalogue it’s a cheap way of padding the list.

Days Gone on Steam + an older free game on Steam for $11.49 on CDKeys.

Details here. Tempting.

I actually have played days gone a little bit recently. I bought it on sale some time ago and decided to give it a try. I found the world bland and uninteresting after about 5 hours into the game. The skill tree is utterly dull. I kind of have put the game down for now. Does it get better?

Many reviews say that the game is too stingy with its upgrades and takes too long to give you the tools to deal with the real fun activities, the hordes.

I took a break after 17 hours of biking in the zombie infested PNW, the repetition of activates later in game gets super dull. I haven’t apparently unlocked enough of the fun anti-zombie hoard killing stuff yet.

And as I think back on my time playing, I think to myself I should go play more State of Decay 2.

This is just something I appreciated especially given how much is in the game. If you don’t like the basic game play loop then this is just going to make things worse though.

I however very much liked that loop and appreciated the difficulty curve.

I loved it. Don’t waste time grinding rep in the first two camps. Keep following story missions to open up new areas.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the game too. Agree with Brad, push through the story missions as quick as you can.

Worst thing about Days Gone was that it was heavily story-centric and we had many, MANY long cut scenes (thankfully skippable) with plenty of cliches/archetypes and generic characters I didn’t care too much about though the former bad boy biker backstory was different at least. But the gameplay has a high fun factor and the motorcycle mechanics and upgrade system are the best and most fun I’ve had in a story heavy game. Zombie fighting was excellent too. Very much worth the $10 if you haven’t played it however you probably won’t want to re-play it since it means being trapped in that- story again.

I just grabbed this itch.io Halloween bundle. Not sure that it’s particularly seasonal, but it had a few games I was interested in, and for only $2 each:

• Get in the Car, Loser (“A lesbian road Trip RPG”)
  • An Airport For Aliens Currently Run By Dogs (Title says it all, I think)
  • Kardboard Kings: Card Shop Simulator (this one’s still in dev, apparently)
  • Perfect Tides (supposed to be a great point-and-click)
  • Gardener (quirky RTS from SokPop)

Also noticed Grey Alien Games’ solitaire games are only a few bucks over there:

Shout out to one other game, one of my favorites of last year: Fossil Corner has a decent discount too.

Fanatical is offering Internet Cafe Simulator for free. Steam, must link account.

Internet Cafe Simulator | Steam PC Game (fanatical.com)

Happy 10th birthday Fanatical. Thanks for all the great deals <3

Man. That game is bizarre.

A sample:

I love Fanatical. Definitely got a lot of good deals from them.

You get a 5% coupon for picking up today’s free game.