Bargain Thread 2022

I was planning on just getting Glass Masquerade 2 from the Fanatical bundle because I read good comments here about it earlier, but maybe I’ll do the $3 tier to try out the Hero of the Kingdom games.

That sounds like $3 well spent to me!

It’s a bargain for sure (it’s free!). I loved it; it’s short 30-40 minutes and well worth a break.

From their description:

Made in 48 hours for the Women Game Jam 2021, You will (Not) Remain is a 2D narrative game that takes place in an abandoned apartment complex. Haunted by their previous mistakes and growing loneliness, the player must navigate the strange world they have found themselves in. A world that makes them question their reality while the city outside succumbs to a nameless terror.

and

You Will (Not) Remain is a story about isolation that contains dark themes and deals with mental health issues. These include but are not limited to anxiety, depression, dissociation and suicidal ideation.

Pretty strong Build-Your-Own-Bundle here. All the train games are good ones. Iconoclasts is a solid action platformer. A Case of Distrust–a cool adventure game. I’ve heard very good things about Going Under and Dark Future (both in my backlog right now).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-slayer-bundle-4

In case anyone has the GOG version of Iron Harvest and is looking for the Operation Eagle expansion, it’s on GOG and going for $6.99 currently. I have the Steam version so I can’t make use of it. Also I’ve watched some gameplay and the voice acting for the forces of “Usonia” is pretty dire. Nothing takes me out of a thing more than hearing a bad fake accent, and that goes for American accents as well.

But if that doesn’t bug you, go for it!

DJMAX is having a big sale to celebrate their new song pack launch and DLC pack reconfiguration tomorrow on Steam.

@SadleyBradley Now is a great time to check it out if you’re interested!

Funny you mention that!

Iron Harvest is also on Gamepass PC. I had fun playing through the campaign. Kind of of a WWI steampunky RTS.

The setting and units seem to be at odds with each other. I saw some of the previews, and some of those mechs… it just seems like a Tank would be more practical in a lot of cases. Or a simple truck. Some of those mechs are needlessly complicated.

But i got Iron Harvest from Humble, so maybe my mind will change when I play it.

Your point is probably why we didn’t have mechs in WW2 IRL. But dude, it’s got mechs! And mechs are cool, and as the song from MST3K teaches us,

“just repeat to yourself ‘it’s just a [game]. I should probably just relax.’” :-)

I guess, but some of those mechs are really silly.

I know, I’m overthinking it.

It’s totally ridiculous and totally fun.

I mean, mechs just don’t make military sense at all, ever, so yes, you’re overthinking it. ;)

Mech can make some sense in rough terrain.

Nah, they’re too big to effectively hide, so they’d just get taken out from afar every time.

This mech’s name is Stepmother with exploding wheel bombs named Gretel. This actually sounds pretty good.

Neat, but wrong thread?

Robots like that are a bargain!