Bargain Thread 2022

Noita seems like $10 to me, but I’m not a Choice subscriber. Still, that’s an insane bargain. I paid $12 and have gotten 43 hours out of it so far and just this evening decided I wanted some more. More death gifs incoming!

Golf Club Wasteland is 60% off.

https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/golf-club-wasteland/1556870

Fanatical is having Flash Deals through the end of January. Right now the offers include Outriders for a historic low $17.39 (71%).

They also have Distant Worlds Universe as the Star Deal for a historic low $4.79 (92%), however the game has also been in numerous bundles over the past year or so, so probably worth waiting for another unless you want to play right now.

The Build Your Own Fantasy Bundle features 18 titles at 1 for $1.00, 5 for $2.99 or 10 for $4.99. You can make a very nice $3 bundle out of games like:

• Vikings : Wolves of Midgard
  • Hero of the Kingdom Trilogy (counts as 1 title)
  • Hero of the Kingdom : Lost Tales 1
  • Vambrace : Cold Soul
  • Talisman : Origins
  • Talisman : Origins DLC Pack (contains all 3 DLC)
  • Blood Bowl 2
  • Blood Bowl 2 : Official Expansion DLC
  • The Keep
  • Healer’s Quest

Or just grab all of the above for $5.

Humble Bundle has a new Brain Tickler Bundle live. $10 for Steam keys to:

• Mars Horizon
  • The Signifier :: Director’s Cut
  • Retro Machina
  • Lumines Remastered
  • While True : Learn () : CTO Edition
  • Heal

Humble also has a PC Building Simulator Complete Bundle where $15 will net you the base game and all available DLC.

Similarly they have a Surviving Mars Bundle where $10 nets you the base game and all available DLC.

Last but not least, the new giveaway on Epic Games Store is Relicta, a first person survival puzzle game where you combine gravity and magnetism to explore a moon base.

Hero of the Kingdom games get a big thumbs up from me. :)

Also I apparently already own Children of Morta! Win-Win!

Same here. I picked up the Trilogy (just to get number three) and Lost Tales as part of this bundle because Hero of the Kingdom 1 & 2 were so good.

Hero of the Kingdom is great! Why didn’t anyone tell me there was a new series???

Fine, I’ll buy Hero of the Kingdom but I make no guarantees about when I’ll play it.

Edit: Keys gone

What the game is about? The trailer didn’t clarify a lot.

I think you click on stuff.

videogames.txt

also work?

I guess modern_middleclass_life.txt

a cross between a hidden object game, an RPG, and a point-and-click adventure

I mean, I played it, and that’s pretty much what I did. I was very perplexed.

Shame on me for not having this year’s Bargain Thread “Watched” yet. I see you’ve already posted about Distant Worlds Universe, which is still pretty cool but you’ve got to use mods to “embigggen” it some, and even then, wear your computer glasses if you’re “of a certain age” as I am (I was doing pretty well on the close up vision front till I hit 50, then everything started going into the crapper-- actually, since I’ve been near-sighted since I was a kid, I can see things clearly if I’m under 10 inches away but anything in that middle distance is a blur without my cheaters).

Aren’t you the one who was insisting that Terminator: Resistance was going to be in the Humble Monthly next month? * Apologies if it wasn’t you, hard to keep track of all you people behind the screen. ;-)

*I mean, I hope it is but I don’t see how when it’s never dropped below $19.99.

Yeah, I got the first two in a bundle ages ago, spent about 20 minutes with them, and couldn’t really find the fun or the point. Perhaps I missed something, though.

I’m eternally optimistic about the next Humble Bundle! So it could have been me.

It was totally @Rock8man , yeah!

They’re a combination of a Hidden Object Game and a Resource Management Game and an RPG. That last ingredient makes them a bit less casual than the typical HOG, but only a bit.

Basically you are following a pretty conventional fantasy RPG story but instead of being a character in the world exploring and fighting, your perspective is disembodied, top-down, and you’re moving screen to screen clicking on resources/people/buildings to find a way to advance. So there might be a bandit guarding the bridge to the next screen and he demands ten pearls to let you past. Pearls come from oysters that you can find along the seashore. You may have to move between all the screens you’ve unlocked at that point and look for oysters hidden in the water. Find and click enough of them and you can buy your way past the bandit.

The resource dependencies get a lot more complex than that, though, and there are also creatures to fight (you know how much health it will cost to defeat them, so basically health is just another resource–there might be places where you replenish health by spending food).

There’s no fail states. You can get a little stuck, but there’s not typically any huge challenges. The fun is in figuring out what resources you have access to and what they can get you access to next. The art is nice and detailed enough to make it a good hidden-object game, though it’s never spectacular or outside a pretty bland fantasy genre.

It’s hard to explain why they’re so satisfying, and I’m sure they’re not everyone’s cup of tea. But if you want a chill experience that is constantly putting achievable tasks in front of you, this is a really good one.

Now see, your enthusiastic endorsement seems a bit “sus” to me, as the kids these days say. 🤔 Makes me want to go check!