Bargain Thread for Hardware?

Whoa, prices went up since I posted!

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/2og6
I’m going to wait until Prime day, but I think I’m going to upgrade one of my 21 inch LCD screens with this 24 LED. Plus, I have Ebates, so it looks like I’ll get an extra 12% cash back with Dell.

Right now, I’m looking for a decent phone for around 200 dollars, with 5.5 or larger screen. Any suggestions? I have a Honor 6x right now, but it has a slight scratch on the screen that is invisible, but doing a number on my thumb. I guess I could get a screen protector if nothing good comes along this prime day.

I’ve been fine with Zotac including the one @wumpus sold me. Just never had to avail myself of their warranty though.

Samsung Galaxy J7 (2018 model) is around $200, has a 5.5" screen and 32GB memory. Solid Android phone with great features for the price point.

2080Ti getting cheaper:

But ZOTAC!

I’ve had multiple Zotac cards, and have never had an issue. Granted, I’m not buying top-end cards either - maybe that helps?

$650 for a non S 2080… Is that good?

Maybe?.. If it was $550-$600, then yup, does it come with a free game? I checked and it does, COD MW 2019. So that does sweeten the deal.

Review of that MSI card.

Better off getting a 2070Super. @$499-550. as they come with COD MW 2019 also.

@Jason_McMaster isn’t that MSI 2080 the card you just got?

Overall its an interesting situation where there is now a glut of 2070 and 2080 non-super cards that were $100 over priced to start with, that card at wallmart had a MSRP of $899! Nowinstock shows tons of sites with cards in stock and prices still higher or on par with their super versions.

I’ve overclocked that card to have higher memory speeds than the standard Super. The only thing Super has over this card is slightly faster RAM and a few extra CUDA cores and RT cores. As I said, you can OC the MSI card to more than make up for the boost speed discrepancy.

Also note - I plan on buying a Ti or Super this winter and swapping this card to my wife’s PC - I just wanted something to fill the gap that I could toy with overclocking.

This is the OC tool for it. It’s easy and works pretty well

Nice, yeah I have to admit I am lusting over a 2070 super / a 2080 leftover if for no other reason than I want new tech. My GTX1080 is going on 3 years old now, and I just don’t feel the newer nvidia drivers are working well with the older tech.

MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision X1 are the go-to’s for simple overclocking.

Also sorry for asking you like a dozen times what card you just got, lol.

Ray tracing does make a visible difference in certain applications and that will only become more prevalent as we go forward.

Hah, no problem. I kind of struggled with which to go with, but the three fans and it being on sale pushed me over.

You upgraded from a GTX1080 right ? Not a 1080-ti?

Where is @stusser to talk me out of upgrading?!?!!?!

yeah I was on a Founders edition 1080

The 2080 basically is a 1080ti plus raytracing. It’s a pretty small upgrade from a 1080. 2080 super would be better, but still not worth it. The only meaningful upgrade would be a 2080ti, assuming you don’t care about raytracing.

Decent PSU for $75 shipped after MIR.

Got Spotify? Free Google Home Mini.

What if we got free premium Spotify from Microsoft?

In that case you get one of these.

AppleTV 4k 32GB latest generation for $90-- half-price. This includes a free year of AppleTV+ listed at $60, so it’s a great deal if you’re interested in that content. I don’t expect this to last long.

Even though they might release a new AppleTV device, this is so cheap with the AppleTV+ that it’s worth grabbing if you have any interest. It is the fastest streamer available, tied with the Nvidia ShieldTV. If you do get one expect to replace the remote though, it’s awful.