Battlefield 1 - DICE, gas attacks, biplanes, cavalry, bayonet charges

That was odd, anyone else just lose their connection to the ea servers? and then when exiting the game it nows shows a 700mb update waiting.

Edit: and after the update it still isn’t connecting.

they said an hour of downtime, it started when you posted I think.

with the leveling up system and everything having to run through their system anyway they just grabbed the reins and figured they may as well control it all.

@Harkonis
Yea, typical EA style (yea, know they’ve been doing it for a while now…)

Funny enough, Warframe has a lot of serverside interaction with unlocks, rewards and whatnot.
They just added dedicated servers as an option in the launcher so you can now run your own server for some of the game modes, all without having to pay anything for it.

So I guess it isn’t impossible to do it, but it would mean less coke for the $uits at EA.

I wonder: How would the landscape look if there were no privately funded servers running the game, I imagine there would be a huge login queue for the official servers? So in the end, people get what they deserve since they probably didn’t like how EA wanted them to pay to rent a server someplace, but they do it anyway - so the game get more servers – which benefits EA.

Having played more of this, I’m still having a fantastic time. I’ve grown to love gas grenades, which work great for area denial and blocking line-of-sight. I also really love the charge melee mechanic, which I think freaks out many traditional FPS players. I’m still really digging the Rush mode, especially how it rewards aggressive play. Its seriously addicting, and its bringing back memories of playing BF1942 all night back when I was in high school.

I’m glad they are working on the squad auto-locking issue. It is annoying to go into a game and there is half a dozen 1-2 man squads that are locked. They apparently are working on squad mutiny being implemented as well, so if someone requests orders and the squad leader doesn’t give them, then the squad leader is replaced.

I finished through mud and blood last night while the servers were down.

Right now my favorite mode is Operations.

The last time I was able to fly with any effectiveness in a BF game was when I still had a joystick. I am dreadful with the planes here, so much so that trying to get through the story mission with the pilot dude is no fun. I have an unopened Xbox (not Xbone) controller “for Windows;” would that work, and would it make flying easier than with the mouse?

I imagine so. I don’t fly much, but when I did in Star Wars Battlefront it was with an xbox controller

Flying with the controller works great. For that matter, so does driving.

Player numbers are very impressive on all platforms.

http://bf1stats.com/

I played most of the campaign over the weekend. It’s actually not horrible! I really enjoyed the Mud and Blood section with the tanks. I also played my first session of multiplayer last night and had a ton of fun. I just realized that I can’t play it too late in the evening since it gets me all worked up and it takes me awhile to settle back down after playing lol.

I saw your group invite lordkosc but I was right in the middle of a campaign battle and then my son came down and wanted to chat, so by the time I got back to the game It was time to head out.

Not regretting my purchase so far! Looking forward to getting to play with folks here. Always much nicer than trying to deal with the unresponsive masses in most games.

Update 10242016

A bunch of quick fixes. Nothing major.

Stupid question, is there a way to pick your mortar back up as support?

Nope, but you can put down a new one pretty quickly. (like 2 min or less)

Can you complete the weekly medals multiple times during the week?

If I were reviewing this game I’d give it an almost perfect score. It does everything well - 5 great campaigns with great acting and animation (whoever did the facial animations did a fantastic job with subtle movements) and engaging stories with great gameplay. Multiple fun multiplayer modes. Have you guys done an entire Operation yet? Win or lose it’s very engaging.

Question: Do the medal challenges have to be done in order? I swear I killed 5 guys in one life but hadnt gotten the head shots one yet. Do you have to complete the first one before it tracks the next?

Red Baron mech paintjob in Titanfall 2.

Awesome.

yes, in order

Another medal question, is there a way to see what progress you’ve made on a step? I have no idea how many more spot assists I need to finish the medal.