Battlefield 2042 - DICE Goes Back to the Future, Just Not the 2142 Future

Interesting, so last gen version will have less maps. I wonder how many will be 128 players.

Near future is always “present times but with creative license for new cool gadgets”.

Pre-orders are up. $59.99, $99.99 or $119.99 depending on your edition. You can apparently also get it through EA Play Pro.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-PPSA01464_00-KSSTDPREORDER000

more screenshots here

/cries in gtx 1080

/me hopes new system arrives before then :) (should be in 10 days)

I’ll probably stay on PS5 since that’s where my current crew is, but I assume this will be crossplay, although I’m not finding that in the docs anywhere yet. I suspect they’re still working all that out.

And pre-ordered.

Come on beta

The seven maps here and more details, like ai bots and cluster sectors (but no mention of clusters getting closed off)

Regarding the bots:

Additionally, it was confirmed in the Q&A section that progression would work normally when playing against AI.

Nice.

Love the sign on the car

Knowing EA I’m sure it will require an Internet connection even playing only against AI, but still, nice to have the option.

Grrr, I like a lot of what I am seeing.

Let’s hope graphics cards become more available by the end of 2021.

Oh I absolutely expect connection will be required even for ai fights.

Will be able to change your weapon configuration live in-game instead of only when you are dead.

I wish it had titans.

This is the game I am going to upgrade for…my 1080Ti will perish playing this.

Do we know if this will be a Gamepass title?

That would be quite the kick in the teeth for people pre-ordering on Xbox.

That’ll learn em. Now I come to think of it I remember EA sometimes does cutdown versions of things. Maybe GP will get a time limited demo of some sort.