Battlefield 5: awesomeness continues

Or at least that’s what we’ve been led to believe.

The teaser for the trailer is up:

World premier in less than 24 hours.

There is a rumor that is going to be titled Battlefied One. In that case, your title is wrong :P :P

More seriously, that coat seems to say WW1/WW2, but dunno, how the big shadow appears makes me thing of a big scifi ship on the sky.

“GAME ENGINE FOOTAGE”

For 4 seconds of some guy’s face. LOL

Please don’t let this be another near-future modern shooter. BF3-4 was enough of that.

I WANT TO PLAY WAKE ISLAND AGAIN!

If this is WWII, I am pre-ordering. I haven’t played one in so long… Medal of Honor Airborne was the last game, I think, and that was great. (Not counting Red Orchestra)

It is a Zeppelin coming to drop bombs.

Hah, I was thinking the same. I hope it’s the former.

Well my hopes for Battlefield: Revolution, have been left in ruins. Glorious musket combat, while staying in formation, is not to be.

I bet a dollar there is drone crap and tons of future tech in this new one. :(

Red Alert crossover?!!

4 PM BST?

Its a war game, a least they could have stated the time as ZULU/UTC

Reveal is in 5 hours but it looks like MS leaked this image on the Xbox Dashboard:

So that’s WWI confirmed right?

Looks like it. Mauser pistol, trench club, zeppelin…

Some are thinking it’s an alt-hist game but I guess we’ll find out.

There are definite settings/situations I think WWI could work very well for Battlefield.

— Alan

Seems WWI, but maybe a slightly fantasy version? With big armored battle zeppelins, faster tanks, and stuff like that?

edit: I’ reading that the spiky grenade thing isn’t a grenade, but a trench club. Used in… yep, ww1.

Oh my, I could live with a WWI fantasy Battlefield.

Yup. Looks like the rumors were true. It’s either WWI, alternate history, or some kind of time-hopping setting. Whatever it is, we’re getting WWI stuff.

So.

Expansion packs announced?

1914 - Verdun + Serbia (Guess this is the base game…)
1915 - Verdun
1916 - Verdun
1917 - Verdun + the US join the war.
1918 - Russia collapses and 1m Fritz swarm the west front (also, RIP Von Ricthofen)

Dammit - This actually means Im probably in…again!

Leak!!!

I am going to guess this is an alternate history WWI game where the war didn’t end, and we are into the 20’s. Which means more semi-auto guns, faster tanks/trucks and planes, and more zeppelins.

This sounds pretty awesome, just for the fact that it will be completely fresh for the AAA shooter market.

The 369th Infantry Regiment, formerly known as the 15th New York National Guard Regiment, was an infantry regiment of the United States Army National Guard that saw action in World War I and World War II. The Regiment consisted of African-Americans and African Puerto Ricans and was known for being the first African-American regiment to serve with the American Expeditionary Forces during World War I. Before the 15th New York National Guard Regiment was formed, any African American that wanted to fight in the war either had to enlist in the French or Canadian armies

That sounds awesome.

Pre-order DLC?

Whee. I think I’m finally burnt out. BF4 will be my last kick at this cat.

Fuck this, I want more Bad Company.