Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

Yep the self heal mechanic was pretty much made useless with that TTK update. Glad it was reversed.

uh?

What’s the relation between the self heal mechanic and the ttk update?

I got the cheaper Access deal to try this for10 hours. I’ve forgotten how the resupply mechanics work. It seems ok but v similar to One. One had a bit more character IMO with the slightly less familiar setting.

You were getting downed so fast from a few bullets, that you couldn’t even make it into cover to use your small med-kit to self heal.

Ok, then why are you happy it was reversed? What it was reversed was the nerf to weapons damage they did one week ago. Now they are going to return to the even lower ttk of 1.0.
That’s why I was bit puzzled by your comment.

Yeah, according to what Telefrog posted, they reversed the changes and made it really fast to get killed again, the way veterans wanted.

I thought TTK was decreased? As I’ve been getting torn up when I play by them damn STG 44’s.

It was decreased to help new players, but according to that last update in Telefrog’s post, the veterans of the game didn’t like the changes, so they reversed it and made it fast again.

Well it sure seemed like the TTK patch caused me to end up dying quicker, not slower.

The TTK was increased to “help new players”, but it just made people bullet sponges (new players weren’t able to kill anyone) and made the whole attrition system more unbalanced since you now had to waste more bullets in firefights (and thus ran out of bullets much faster).

So they decreased the TTK back to 1.0 (or thereabouts). So a typical assault rifle now uses 4 bullet shots to kill someone instead of 7-8 bullets.

Personally, I fucking hate high TTKs in military shooters since it’s so unrealistic, and punishes good tactics (like flanking someone) while rewarding good twitch players, and is one of the (many) reasons I can’t stand playing CoD anymore.

When I played more online shooters, there were servers (can’t recall which game, one of the modern Battlefilelds maybe, or even SOF, dunno) where it was pretty much one shot/one kill with no respawns. I loved that mode.

Rockman got it wrong, Brakara is right in that the TTK was increased.

Although he also got it wrong in other areas…

The damage was decreased by 15%. That means that in some weapons (not all of them) instead of needed 4 bullets, you needed 5 to kill someone. In an automatic weapon, the difference was pretty small, in other words. It didn’t jump from 4 to 7-8 like he said.

Lots of complaints came in how it was done, it was a general change to lots of weapons instead of tuning in a per weapon basis, so some players said it affected more some low rof auto weapons than high rof auto weapons. And in addition it divided up the community, because it affected Conquest but not other modes.

Second, CoD is the king of low TTKs, so lol, at least try to get your argument rights. You may hate CoD and you may hate unrealistic fps with high TTK, but they are not related.

I presume you haven’t played BLOPS4? It does definitely not have a low TTK.

In BFV, the multiplier went from .85 to 1.0 which is 17.6% not 15%. But the damage model for assault rifles changed to more than 1 bullet as you said:

So it went from 4 to 6-7 bullets instead of 7-8 as I said.

I don’t, but from what I’ve watched, it seems as fast as ever…

This video

says its 0.36 seconds on average, at close range.

I’m at work so I can’t watch it (do you have a readable source?), but it cannot possible be due to body shots with an SMG or an AR?

Edit: Also, does it take into account body armor? 150 health, body armor and how easy you heal pretty much has ruined CoD for me. And when I said CoD, I meant BLOPS4. Older CoDs I’ve played like BLOPS 1 & 2 and the MW games are fine.

In general terms, you can consider high TTK games like Quake to be twitch games, because the player that is best at ‘dancing’, jumping and aiming at the same time wins. I get that.

But what happens with low TTK games is that they also can be twitch games: the first player that reacts faster and have a faster connection when they see each other wins, reacting 0.01 second faster means you will have the advantage. That’s pretty fucking twitchy to me!
That case, finding an enemy in front of you, it’s actually a more common case than flanking someone and killing him from behind, even if you are the type of player who likes flanking. This is a 64 player game and lots of times you will find enemies from the front, like it or not.

This is why the association of “low ttk = tactical” has always been funny to me.

You can make a very low ttk and still be twitchy by design. Example: instagib modes in arena shooters.

edit: even funnier, arguably the most tactical, realistic shooter of the market, Arma 3, has a fairly high ttk, the default soldier body armor resists several hits.

Since peaking in July, shares of Electronics Arts (EA) have fallen over 45% and set a fresh 52 week low on Monday. Though the broader technology market has suffered in recent months, EA’s outsized declines are caused by concerns over unit sales of the company’s tent-pole Battlefield franchise.

Some thoughts:

-The controversy affected the sales. It wasn’t the only factor, I won’t even say it was the most important one. There are always a myriad of factors, not two or three ones. The controversy just didn’t help, every time they released news or a trailer or something, someone would make a joke about women with robot hands, black nazis, etc. And that’s not counting with the alt right-ish youtube videos. The marketing campaign was therefore ‘tainted’. And marketing campaign is always important for an AAA game.

-EA can’t into the whole GAAS thingie. They want to because they know it’s the market trend, but they are basically too greedy, they fail again and again because of that. They don’t get that a good GAAS model is to release $60 worth of content in your $60 game, and then, IN ADDITION AND FOR FREE, release regular content on top of that over the years. New maps, new weapons, new modes.
But they have been accostumed for years to nickel and dime users, and release extra content but paid (the premium pack), so what they do is to release an unfinished, incomplete product for $60, and then release what’s missing over the following months (BR mode, the german campaign, the new map, etc) to look like they are going GAAS.
But you won’t have a initial strong playerbase to sell your MTX if you release an unfinished, incomplete product in the first place!

-My prediction: next Battlefield will be a fantasy-looking, less serious Battlefield. Think Fortnite, Paladins, Overwatch. Games where people won’t complain of authenticy, and more importantly, they adapt better to have cosmetic microtransactions.
I can see why someone would pay money for a flamboyant, totally rad new character skin in those games, but I don’t know who is going to pay to have face camo or a different vest or a mace instead of a knife as melee weapon in a WW2 game.

Yep if anything the game needs more maps and they need them asap. I am already bored with the default maps. And the most recent, the panzerstorm map is so boring to play on. Tank battle on a farm. :| Yep its as exciting as it sounds. Also for the love of all things give us map vote, if I have to play on that snow map in the mountains one more time I am gonna rage uninstall.

BF4 has 10 maps on release, and 20 maps on the premium pack. Not counting here the 3 free maps released as the end of its support cycle.
BF5 had 8 maps one release, +1 one month after. 9 is kind of close to 10, I guess.

Now, what I would say it’s a fair GAAS model would be to have 10 free maps, instead of 20 paid ones, in exchange of the mtx.
How many do you predict we are going to have?

I would hope at least 1 new map every 2 months.

:|

They had the post release chart a few months ago, so we know at least 2 more maps are coming.