Battlefront II - EA and DICE versus the Dark Side

Just launched a multiplayer game… fucking Naboo/Theed right off the bat. Also, MVP stats for that match, the 5 player “victory poses”? Every single one of them was a Wookie.

There you have it.

I also think hoth is pretty much unwinnable as the Empire. Of course then my team gets brutally raped, like 30+ kills for top 5 players on the other team and ours was max 12. aaaannd raped in the next round as well. and the next one. Guess I’m quitting that “server”, though I have no real choice. Man it is super bad tonight. Nobody playing objectives worth a damn. I guess because it’s release day and all the new people are out in force?

WAIT! I get it now! The only way you lose tickets as the empire on the first stage of Hoth is when the two walkers take damage! Oh my god! No wonder that part was so hard when the idiots on my team were not doing squat to grab the rocket launchers and/or use the speeder vehicle leg attacks! This also explains the near-impossibility of actually destroying two walkers, as a gameplay function. I kept wondering why anyone would bother attacking the walkers at all, it’s way too hard anyway, we’re never gonna accomplish that… just whittle down the enemy soldier tickets prior to next stage instead seemed like a more sensible strategy.

This explains sooo much.

Oh geez is this also true of the other “attack the giant vehicle to start” stages? I realized you can win by blowing the giant vehicles up early, but I had no idea the subsequent ticket count for the next stage was only set by the amount of vehicle damage. Holy crap. Mind blown.🤯