Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

So close…

Me with 2x on M16 vs AWM in final 3 circles. Circle got tiny! Had no idea where he was, other than general direction, but had good cover. The very last circle forced him to move and I lined up the tree he ran to catch him peeking but he one-tapped me first.

For whatever reason mentally it ends up feeling like roguelike shooter done quick. You loot 'n scoot and you might die in two minutes or twenty, and you may or may not have a chance to reasonably fight back, but it’s so self contained that I just queue back up and see what happens.

It’s a pretty cool loop. I’m very curious to see what happens when there are more maps and improvements. If they do it right I will probably be playing this a very long time.

Tom and I played some tonight on his stream

Here’s my favorite moment

LOL. Tom has become adept at maintaining a running dialogue. It was like a Ripley & Hicks team-up.

I think you’ve been more scared riding the motorbike if you’d known how easily you can die in it:

oh, no, I know. I was riding on the back of a dune buggy last night. That’s true horror.

as a side note, I died getting out of a car that was going 1 mph

One of my favourite Hearthstone streamers plays PlUnkBat and he had a brilliant motorcycle moment.

hahahahahaha, perfect timing google!

Dropped into Stalber with one other chute. Turned out we landed right next to the same crate which had three items on top. She got the flashbang, I got the helmet and the crowbar.

And then this happened…

you and your floppy friend!

We let Gary Whitta borrow our murderbot. He asked if they wanted the ground entry or the aerial entry. They chose the aerial entry.

Wait, who are you there? I actually watched that stream…

But squads seem fun. I’ve been mostly playing solo or duo because not many of my friends have gotten this game so far (though a couple more have now given in), so most of the few squad matches I’ve done have been with randoms… which has been a very varied experience.

I’m DrJonez :)

Aha.

And nice escape. :)

Aaaaaawwwwwww Yeah!

I didn’t quite make it to the end myself, succumbing to the circle after a poorly timed first aid application. But we were 3v2 in the final 5 with excellent positioning for most of the last half of the match.

Almost won a squad game last night when it was down to two of us vs three of them. But they managed to all clump on the only ridge in the tiny circle and I killed two, but the last one finished us and he was wedged between his downed teammates so they ate some extra bullets for him.

Just won my first solo today though.

Gary Whitta, Jeff Green, an unknown third person and myself will be playing some PUBG on Gary’s channel around 5pm PST

From a distance, I thought this car in the garage would save me from the blue, but faith had other plans.

Okay, this was fun. First our car got so shot up we had to ditch it:

Then, a few minutes later as we were running towards the circle, someone had taken our car and drove past ut. Of course, it didn’t take much to blow it up:

As a bonus, I have to admit I smiled when I saw the name of the car thief. It always feels good to blow up casual racists.