Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

Yeah, my heart was racing like 160 BPM, when it was down to just two. I felt sick afterwards. So much anxiety. All for naught. I chose to let my partner die rather than healing him, it takes too long and would have been too risky. But if it had worked, we could have been 2v1 in the end.

Also, best tip l can give is to remember the flight path and use a vehicle to work to the opposite side of the circle from that line,There will be far less people to deal with. The game we got 2 overall I only ended up seeing people in the last 3 circle retractions. And our side of the final few circles was clear.

Yeah, I try to do the same whenever I have the chance. Just don’t be too confident in that you’re alone in that area, because there’s often someone who have the same idea.

I’ve seen streams and it looks like a fun game, but the lack of a kill cam turns me off. Do you often get killed and have no idea how it happened? How can you learn to play better if you don’t know what’s killing you?

Yes currently no kill cam. I often get killed and have no idea who the heck shot me or where they were, but my spatial awareness in this game isn’t great as I tend to become too focused on one thing or another and then Bang!

Also my top tip is to play this game with headphones, otherwise you’re at a real disadvantage.

There’s no kill cam currently, but there will be for solo eventually. Teams will never have it for obvious reasons.

Actually, this doesn’t mean shit. Most high profile games run in expensive datacenters… but the question is, how many matches are they hosting in each server?
1? 5? 10? 100? 300?

Obviously you have to divide cpu and network resources for each game session.

And how many ticks are using in their netcode?

Yeah, that is interesting, but they can’t really add a kill cam for duo or squads. I doubt they would just do it for single player. Usually when I get killed, I know why it happened. Traversing open ground, I got sniped. Killed looting a building, I was too loud rolling up. Etc…

I don’t know how super useful it would be to have a kill cam, as each death is going to vary wildly. It would be fun to see how I got scoped, but I don’t think it would help make me better at the game.

What would help is some other game modes that speed up the action. Or some sort of single player weapons range you could test the guns out on. I am sure that is coming in future, or something like that.

Why does everyone say they can’t add a kill cam? They can. Just show it to me at the end of the round or something.

I believe they’d stated the intention is to make every round fully replayable. Meaning you can watch it from the perspective of every single player and rewind/fast forward etc.

I can’t recall ever dying and not at least having a really good idea what happened or where I screwed up.

That’s not what people mean when they talk about a killcam though. You’d also have to actually wait for the match to end, which so few people will bother do that I hope the developers spend their resources on something more important.

1. Custom games and mods will help with that.
  2. It’s coming.

If you’re playing solo, your round ends immediately and so you could immediately be shown the killcam. If you’re playing duo/squad, you’re probably on Discord with your teammates and are going to spectate them until the end anyway, because you aren’t starting a new round until you all die and are ready to start again. And if not, wtf is wrong with you playing alone in squads? :P If you wanna bail on the match early, that’s your choice to miss your killcam. Don’t ruin it for the rest of us :/

Part of what makes this game so great is that when you die, you can be back in a match in less than 5 mins. I just don’t understand why a killcam is even necessary. It actively ruins sniping and breaks immersion. In a game where realism is a big deal, I don’t expect it.

Part of the mystique and terror of the game is often never seeing your killer. I think that is pretty awesome. Replays after a match would be incredibly helpful though. The number 1 thing I want to do in this game is to be able to spectate in God mode. Would love to watch match replays like that.

Just had the weirdest start to a round so far:

Just too bad I got fucked by a Microsoft pop-up window in the end:

Is there some way to disable these taking over the screen (in Windows 10)?

That really sucks. Hopefully there’s a way to disable that (sorry, I don’t know how).

Yeah, I’m playing in fullscreen windowless mode now to mitigate the time to get back into the game again, as currently Windows pop up a blank page for a split-second or so at random intervals (and I have no idea what causes it).

But to get back to PUBG, the choke is really good on shotguns:

I have always had to play in a maximized window because the game has never been able to handle my having my taskbar on the left of my screen. Borderless Window still shows the taskbar and cut off part of the screen. Fullscreen displays correctly but all my clicks in the UI are registered exactly the width of the taskbar to the right of where the mouse pointer is. Very obnoxious.

Woo, another lefty!

I change my taksbar to default bottom before launching. I presume this is something that will be fixed at some point. Pretty sure I saw it raised on the official forums.

I’ve played 4 rounds so far and got my first top 10 finish. Cool game!