Battlestar Galactica 19: Operation Airlift

Not contradictory at all. Whether the check passes will be less revealing than the unique card (only one in the deck) you’ll see there, one you’ve all seen from my hand. One that I trust you’ll all believe that a Cylon would not play in a check given our current resources, or otherwise I have a broken Pegasus bridge to sell you.

So my loyalty will be proven. The Cylons may chip in positively here, but observe their responses to my logic. We should do something about them soon.

1 card (same even if Gina plays an IC, which would be a waste @Otthegreat)

Also, the reckless doesn’t really factor here, we’ll be flipping cards whether the check passes or fails.

I’m off on the minutia, I’ll have to look up the implied card. You’re right about reckless, I think I haven’t seen or paid enough attention to the mechanic in play and mixed up the rules with previous expansions.

Yeah, look up the implied card and see why I can’t be a Cylon. Reckless is just flip treachery deck and maybe get a bad event. A house rule we’re playing with is that any check that ends in a negative value is also considered a reckless check, to add a disincentive to throw checks.

If you actually turn out to be human then you definitely made the wrong choice between Apollo and me early on.

Yeah, if we had brigged Apollo Kat might have been the one to probe you, and we never would have let you out.

3 cards for me @Otthegreat

< waiting to see what soon says about that

1 Card

Even the naive noob here finds it… interesting.
Also, I know s/he is clearly very busy, but otthegreat is suspiciously too quiet.

The Cylons have won 11 times in our 18 games, not once due to Food.

There are two possibilities pre-sleeper phase as best I can tell:

1. Soon is the Cylon (seems pretty obvious, given that he was Admiral & brigged a human President)
    or
  2. Jeffery is the Cylon (as I tried to point out seemed very possible but was brigged anyways)

We’ll know soon enough I suppose.

Speaks for itself.

Could use some elaboration oh stoic/busy one!

Sorry I’ve been quiet. I think I’ve been able to keep up, I’m just not sure there’s a lot to go on. All we have is one spiked crisis and the brigging of a (probable) human.

I will admit to being a bit confused about the arguments around this crisis. Allowing Soon to solo it doesn’t make sense to me. We risk morale with a failed check, which is almost always a problem, and a passed check wouldn’t necessarily clear Soon either.

Hmm, allow me to quickly summarize.

OPENING CRAWL
The dawn of a new age. Hotshot jockeys and calm professionals…

DOC COTTLE
I predict that Billy will be an awesome President. Roslyn was always holding him back.
OMNIOUS MUSIC

A BUNCH OF THINGS HAPPEN.

BILLY
Hey look a choice. I sacrifice 2 food instead of 1 to keep 5 of my cards.
MOSTLY SILENCE. JACK PUKES IN THE CORNER.

COLONIAL DAY! FIREWORKS. SABOTAGE. SOMEBODY HAD A CHANGE OF PLANS AND RUINED PARTY FOR EVERYONE. JACK PUKES IN PUNCH BOWL.

GALEN TYROL’S QUARTERS

GALEN
I’m going to hit my wife! Won’t someone denounce me! It’s an easy purple/yellow check! It’ll be bad for morale if you don’t!

JACK
I’m drunk but I’ll help.

BILLY
I’m sorry, my mouth is too full of politics cards to denounce this. Besides, seems like a lot of violence coming from both sides.

GINA, HOLDING ON A STACK OF POLITICS CARDS

JACK PUKES OVER HIS SAD SOLO ATTEMPT TO PASS THE CHECK. FADE TO BLACK.

JACK BRIGS BILLY. BILLY TWEETS MUCH ABUSE AND ACCUSATIONS. TERRORIST INVESTIGATION HEAVILY INVESTED IN BY APOLLO DECLARES BILLY INNOCENT. JACK RELENTS THAT HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN. PUKES.

DRUNK JACK
Hey, look at this very unique card. There is only one in the deck. There are Cylons about. It’s an option for us. But it will cost food, so I won’t use it.

BILLY
You’re the Cylon.

BILLY GETS OUT OF BRIG WITH HELP FROM KAT AND A LITTLE FROM JACK.

BILLY
Hey look a choice. I sacrifice 2 food instead of 1 to keep 5 of my cards.

JACK
wtf

BILLY
You’re the Cylon.

APOLLO
It’s cool. Food’s not important.

EVERYONE JUMPS. PRESENT DAY. FOOD IS RED. IT IS THE BEST WAY TO WIN, IF YOU WERE A CYLON.

JACK
Hey, I’m going to solo this check, everyone cool?

BILLY
No, because you’re the Cylon.

JACK
That card I displayed earlier, I’m going to play it, and it’ll prove that I’m not a Cylon because no self respecting Cylon would get waste this opportunity to trash a food and get away with it. There’s no need to chip in if you’re human because it’ll pass the check on its own.

BILLY
Apollo’s the Cylon.

I would like to nominate this for Best BSG Post Made To Date.

Exactly, we have bigger fish to fry at the moment anyway (eyes centurion at step two).

Anyways to the check, overshooting is also a strategy. i will add 1 card

Great idea to let the cylons know a simple Red Tape will just clear your SoE @soondifferent

Seconded! That was great.

I honestly forgot about the card, so now I get the discussion better. I still don’t think having soon solo the check is worth the risk though.

For what it’s worth, I think sacrificing two food for five cards was the wrong call too.

Ten cards you mean. Ten cards with a definite Cylon out there. I did what I felt needed to be done but it was still nowhere near as harmful as brigging me.

Gaius Baltar, the brilliant but flakey scientist, was on to something. He removed a few drops of blood from each sample, and added a drop of ochre liquid. A miasma of various antigens, bacterials, toxins, and various and sundry compounds deemed ‘biological hazards’.

The theory was that cylon immune responses, from synthesized and biologically perfected antibodies, would provide a more robust resistance to dangerous chemicals. The problem was he didn’t have a Cylon blood sample to prove that.

Wait, scratch that, he did have a Cylon blood sample, he was quite certain, but he didn’t know whose blood sample was the Cylon one.

So he had to test all of them. One by one. Recording reactions. Where nothing changed from test to test.

Until it did.

Sample T-R011 behaved quite unexpectedly in response to negative stimuli. More aggressive, more perfect biological machines. Now to cross reference with the log… book…

Where was the log book? It had been right here on the counteroh shit. Garbage day was yesterday. someone probably cleaned the mess of wrappers, scrap papers, and odd doodlings of the woman in red that had been the counter, and scooped the log book with it. Perhaps intentionally even.

No matter, he couldn’t tell who, but he could synthesize the antibodies and formulate a broad spectrum vaccine. Who cared who was the toaster anyhow. He was in it for the SCIENCE!

Skill cards

Politics 2(CP), 2(CP), 2(CP), 4(PI)
Leadership 3(AAC), 6(SoE)

Total +19, pass

Everyone select 1 skill card to draw. Centurion +1 space.