Battlestar Galactica 28: I Swear This Has Happened Before

Well I have to not remove Mutiny, too many cards tied up in it. Which keeps the endgame Brig-machine alive. What’s a fair thing to shove in there that helps humanity in that situation? Can’t think of anything.

A lower jailbreak threshold?

God manipulating the dice so that 2 missiles destroy a basestar? An angel adding distance? A Cylon civil war?
Oh, you want useful suggestions… sorry.

What if you discarded both mutinies if you go to jail instead of one?

The jailbreak is already only 7, but maybe another color being positive would help…that might be overkill.

Discarding all your Mutiny is a thing I could get behind.

I look forward to whatever chaotic insanity this brainstorming spawns!

1. Scar appears on the Main Board and jumps with the human fleet. He’s skeery.
  2. Damage to Pegasus/Galactica is no longer a choice, but a die roll. 1-4: Damage Galactica, 5-8: Damage Pegasus
  3. All Mutiny is discarded when a player is sent to the brig, even if the player only holds 1 Mutiny.
    9a. It is guaranteed that both the President and Admiral are not Cylons at the same time. If there are two pilots, same deal.

How’s that look?

Personally I think 9a removes some of the uncertainty that adds tension, but that might be a too narrow and principal outlook. As they say, the best is the enemy of good.

Could a behind the scenes roll of the die to check if loyalty cards are redistributed in case of Cylon admiral+president or both pilots happen from the start?

But I’m guaranteeing there aren’t two Cylons at the start. I would just redraw if two came up. In the Sleeper phase, I’d do the same.

How do you guarantee 9a when roles change? E.g. someone becomes Admiral or President through a game event or action?

Can’t guarantee that at all.

I’d say that it’s a guarantee when the Loyalty cards are dealt. Beyond that is out of my control.

Maybe try without redistribution in the sleeper phase?

I’m in for whatever concoction you guys come up with!

I think that if we’re restricting to 0/1 sleeper Cylon then also restricting distributions is going to make it too easy to logic the other Cylon and might make for some tough situations for the players.

For instance, the President is dealt a Cylon card to start and has a great opportunity to reveal and cause havoc. But if they do they immediately clear the start-of-the-game Admiral as definitely human. Knowing that helps humanity a ton so it makes it a lot harder for the President to reveal.

You could handle that more dynamically, perhaps. So as the sleeper phase rolls around, if the current president is a cylon, the current admiral won’t be dealt a cylon card.

But if there were no cylons out before the sleeper phase, they could both become cylons at that point (seems like a fair balance for the humans having an easy ride in the early game).

If you have a god emperor, all bets are off because the humans have been foolish enough to allow that to happen.

There we go.

LOL!

I hate make work for other people, so I support a basically vanilla version, but I love the idea of mixing it up. My quibling around the one thing probably distracts from the fact that I think that the other parts are great!

After all this mucking around and playing ‘fake’ games by myself, I’m pretty sure I’ve settled on…sometimes bad things happen. The BSG board game has always been in the Cylon’s favor, it’s tuned that way. Human wins are supposed to be a Big Deal.

So there.

I would subscribe to your patreon if you stream these solo games you speak of.