Battlestar Galactica XX: The Super Crisis Shuffle

Hmm. I’ll put in two cards, I think, just to assuage the admiral’s fears. Should be plenty in there now.

@Perky_Goth

Pass then. @CraigM

There was no sugarcoating it, there was no dancing around the inevitable seriousness of the condition. This was a disaster, full stop. And it was deliberate.

Deliberate by whom? Well they had been chasing spectres of danger, both real and imagined, since that fateful day. The attack had been swift and the break final. Could they have left things to chance? Allow some quirk of fate to shepard some portion of their quarry away, to steal their final and decisive victory?

No, not likely. But interpreting everything as a sign of impending doom only served to ensure such would be. Finding malice in every action only ensured that at some point there would be. For buy declaring and treating others as traitors, you inevitably wind up creating them. For when you point out the reasons and purposes of their disobedience, they consider what you say may be true.

So it was when the reactor redlined, the aspersions began. The accusations flew. And when President Foster announced she had seen something before leaving the engine room, crews hesitated to act. Did they trust her word, or did they view her as the root source of the danger?

As things ticked by they had to decide to act, or not act. Because if they acted, and her words were true, how would some common political attache be informed enough to understand the deeper meanings of pressure dials and thermal readings?

Skill cards:

Tactics 2LS, 2G&I
Piloting 4MF
Engineering 2R
+10

Treachery 4VO

Total +6, fail.

@Perky_Goth to sickbay. Does anyone have a DE that they wish to use to fuel the discord in the President’s hand?

Ouch, I thought the second Treachery was out. We’ll get the fuel, somehow.

You knew the precise mix of Destiny, as a new deck was built just prior to the last check. So, unfortunately, there were two shiny new Treachery cards waiting in Destiny.

I should have known, maybe that’s what rho21 was trying to remind us. I need to make notes again.

Well, someone has a DE right, right?

Yeah, I’ll do it. 4DE

Maybe they do, maybe I’m pausing for dramatic reasons. You don’t know that, unless you’re holding a DE.

You’re not holding a DE are you Admiral? Or is one of our Pilots?

Or in this case someone had a DE, and I needed to wait.

But it totally could have been the other thing!

@CraigM I will take an extra Engineering please for my 5th card.

Just as I was about to ask.

@Lantz it is your turn.

Time to launch the alert fighters!

sickbay looks full, maybe can you split xo them out?

While my draw wasn’t all terrible, I am unable to get people out of sickbay :( On the plus side, we have a couple more turns to get it done. I could do it more dramatically but I don’t think this is a drastic enough scenario for my miracle.

It’s not great but I am leaning towards repairing pegasus to soak up more shots later or moving to the guns. Anyone want to offer an option?

that seems best then, we might need cic

or jump, but we are at -3 :(

Lobbing nukes will be in order pretty soon, no need to keep them.
But will have to get the guys out of sickbay first

If only someone hadn’t wasted their SP… cough. But we’re ok.
I’m always in favor of blowing up toasters that come back, though. Maybe even a nuke at this point.

I will play Engineering 1R to repair CIC.

@CraigM

It’s not pretty, but it is functional.

Which is good, because you’re gonna need everything you’ve got.

Earth%20in%20Ruins

Start with @jeffreyb

He can choose though @Lantz

Although a mutiny is not very tempting. Morale is a more important. Hmmm

I can always break some ships into relatively disgusting but edible food later, if necessary.