Battlestar Galactica

I noticed it was directed by Olmos, has he directed any other episodes? And damn the holiday break!

Is there an explanation for the break?

I do kind of wonder if they decided to stop showing new episodes until it starts up here in the US, as backlash for all the rampant piracy that the BSG producers actually cried about.

I believe it’s called “Christmas” :) The Brit’s are pretty keen on getting their panto on over the holidays - bring out Noel Edmonds!

Do you have any linkage to the piracy comment? I find it hard to believe that they’d actually pull it off the air, especially since I understand Sky One are funding part of the production (a fact which is no doubt buried in this thread somewhere).

I’m just pleased for a couple of weeks of not having to see the trailer for this sodding game:

I’d imagine it’s cut out of the BitTorrented versions, but it’s a bloody pox when actually watching the show on TV. Every two minutes it seems they have to start going “Battlestar Galactica, in association with The Moment of Silence…”

Ahh, okay. Putting a show on hiatus for the holidays isn’t something we really get here, so it sounded like a pretty weak excuse to me.

Do you have any linkage to the piracy comment?

A Letter from Ronald D Moore and David Eick

I find it hard to believe that they’d actually pull it off the air, especially since I understand Sky One are funding part of the production (a fact which is no doubt buried in this thread somewhere).

Yeah, I doubt they would either. I mean, they really have no reason to put a show on hold, just because the executive producers want it.

Thanks. I guess we don’t need to have the ratings discussion again :)

Ok, now that was a cool episode.

Low budget invisotext on!

[color=white]Baltar: Ahhh! We’re all going to die!
Adama: Ok, now lets do the real plan…

Cue kickass CGI…[/color]

It was a great episode. One where the tactics actually made sense, the battles weren’t ludicrous (admittedly, the Cylons did seem to break off combat a bit fast just because their mine was gone) and the character interaction worked without being too schmaltzy.

So we’re now down to, what 36 Vipers and 15 or so pilots?

Well, they’re looking to train up more pilots at least. Not sure about Operation: Damn, We Need To Make Ships Too. One thing that really worked about this one was that the tactic made sense - hit and run, even if it did live up to the old sci-fi rule that you never, ever get to blow up an enemy installation with one shot unless your target is at the end of a really big trench.

And of course, the crossover philosophy between Roslyn and Six.

How about the “you will be lead by vipers in the numbers of two and ten”.

Two + Ten = 12 – 12 cylons. Or perhaps, they’re referring to Cylon Human Models 2 and 10.

They’re going to have to have an episode where they hook up with some long-lost outpost of mercenaries hanging out at a ship fabrication plant, or something. Galactica is losing more ships than Voyager was losing shuttlepods.

And what was with the logistics shown in launching the first strike force? “Okay, they can launch the fighters now, now that the decoys are already in position.” THEN all the pilots get into the ships and THEN they have to be trundled to the launch bays. What the fuck!

However, I don’t care about all these things. I adore this show beyond words.

Don’t worry, they’ll have the Pegasus show up and drop off a bunch of fighters before it makes a kamikaze run.

Don’t worry, they’ll have the Pegasus show up and drop off a bunch of fighters before it makes a kamikaze run.[/quote]

Inter-commander drama!

Uh, yes we do. Pretty much every series show on US networks went off the air for specials for two-three weeks this holiday season. And some shows – like all the HBO series that air on Sunday nights – always take the week off for all holidays.

Great episode. Best since the “33 minutes” season opener, and it really sets the stage for the last two or three eps this season. I’m really wondering what’s up with all these prophecies. It seems like the Cylons are trying to fulfill ancient religious prophecy, though something else is clearly going on, too, because the president is having her visions apparently independently of the Cylons. I just hope that something is revealed before the end of this season. It’d would truly suck if they end with these questions left open, and then don’t get renewed.

I was a little surprised, though, that they didn’t mention possible side-effects from the controversial drug that the president is using. After the opening, which specifically showed her asking the doctor about that drug, I was sure that’s what they were going to blame the snakes on.

I’m thinking we should have two BG threads, because I haven’t downloaded the eps and will watch the US broadcasts. But this thread is completely spoilerific, considering the Brits are like 10 episodes ahead of us.

I have never heard of this. Perhaps its because all of the television I watch is on basic cable; but SciFi, for example, wouldn’t dream of interrupting new episodes of its top-rated TV shows.

I’m really wondering what’s up with all these prophecies. It seems like the Cylons are trying to fulfill ancient religious prophecy, though something else is clearly going on, too, because the president is having her visions apparently independently of the Cylons. I just hope that something is revealed before the end of this season. It’d would truly suck if they end with these questions left open, and then don’t get renewed.

Do you think its possible the Cylons have learned from the prophetic texts of Kobol and actually see themselves as some sort of catalyst to move that prophecy forward? Six recited a quote that this has happened before and will happen again. While Baltar said he remembered the quote, it really didn’t sound like her reciting it, but stating it as a matter of fact – that the Cylons are trying to push the Humans forward to fulfill this prophecy.

I’m not really sure how the Cylon belief in one god fits into this, but it would go a long ways into explaining why they haven’t just up and nuked the humans.

I’ve officially become a Cylon atheist. I don’t believe their god is real, I think it’s all smoke and mirrors to set humanity (or at least Baltar) up for a giant faith-crushing peek behind the curtain. What as “God” done that the Cylons couldn’t have?

The quick retreat in “33”? Easily explained by a communication from Six or another Cylon agent aboard Galactica.

Baltar picking the correct buildings to blow up in “The Hand of God”? Bah, the whole base was fake, rigged to explode to make the humans feel good. Why else would the Cylons RETREAT after losing it? Kind of convenient. Do you think that the Cylons needed that fuel refinery? Why? A little convenient that it just happens to be in Galactica’s path, eh?

Saying that God has been leading Galactica to Kobol? Hah! The Cylons have been steering them there from day one.

The whole point is to get Baltar hyped on the idea, distracting him- the one person who could figure it out- from realizing that the Cylons are pulling all the strings.

Of course, the President’s visions are from another source, namely the annoyingly all-white beings that picked up Starbuck and Apollo in the first series and gave them spiffy new all-white uniforms.

That seems a likely explanation for what’s been happening thus far. If the Cylons really believe in their god, they won’t WANT the Humans utterly destroyed, because that would conflict with god-given prophecy.