Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

I remember when my son was a very young baby yet I held him in my left arm while I played Baldur’s Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal (that was the game for me that I was dying to play but oops, now I’m a dad!) and I played that game for so long that when I finally went to put my son down I couldn’t unbend my left arm - the pain was excruciating, just horrible, like nothing I’ve felt before or since. I must have had him in the crook of my arm for hours playing that fucking expansion!

No regrets.

Here’s hoping battletech is good enough it’s worth courting temporary disability!

(if it is I might see if they want to use that as a box quote)

I think Timex was referring to the reseen mechs as seen in MWO. I think it would be extraordinarily generous to say these mechs aren’t heavily inspired by the original artwork. If HG actually had the license they claimed to, it doesn’t surprise me that they sued PGI over it.

Veritech from Robotech/Macross

versus Phoenix Hawk in MWO

Spartan destroid from Robotech/Macross:

versus Archer from BT

For reference:
https://mwomercs.com/phoenix-hawk
https://mwomercs.com/rifleman
https://mwomercs.com/archer

NB: Some of the other unseen (Warhammer and Marauder, specifically) although similar, lack (in my opinion anyway) some of the flavor of the original mechs.

I actually hadn’t seen the mwo reseen, and would agree they are pretty much knock offs.

I was thinking of the original reseen designs, which were specifically redesigned to not really look the same.

For instance, the reseen Archer looked like this… similar, but with some significant redesigns like the cockpit.

My apologies :)

Yeah, at least the original reseen mechs were deviations. The MWO reseen are basically a 6 year old trying to convince his parents that he didn’t trace a drawing.

The IIC mechs were a bit confusing to me as a kid… they had cool dynamic poses, but felt very anime, and at odds with what I imagined were more lumbering machines.

Seven days to go…

I am not a big fan of anime generally speaking but I’ve always liked how the genre handles giant robots. Those pictures to me look graceful, more dynamic as you say than the lumbering tanks in Battletech. Not that one is necessarily better or worse, I just think both are cool in their own way.

I guess it depends on whether large humanoid robots (Anime) appeal to you, or large bipedal fighting vehicles (MW) do.

They both appeal to me, is what I’m saying. The anime stuff is probably from a childhood of watching Gigantor and stuff, and then Battletech is its own thing I’ve enjoyed since it was a tabletop game. They scratch different itches, despite both being basically the same thing.

These weren’t on my backerkit yesterday.

I’ve cleared my calendar. Let’s just hope it works fairly well out of the box.

You don’t need no soundtrack, just throw on that Rush mixtape and go!

This is a good primer.

I’m just as excited for the soundtrack as I am for the game itself.

Looks like this is 25% off over at the GMG VIP spring sale.

I tried the 25% off but it doesn’t seem to work for me, says code invalid :(

Make sure to try all the 25% off codes on the page, as dumb as it sounds the code that worked for me for Frostpunk was listing other games on the left side of where I generated the code. I even opened a ticket with support and showed them a screenshot.

Son of a biscuit. This DasTactic “Is this game for YOU?” video may have just convinced me to pre-order from GMG with the 25% discount. I hate myself.

I placed my order with Fanatical earlier this morning. Now to make it through the next 94 hours.