Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Is this good? I don’t know.

I had that same thought actually. Normally the Paradox DLC-Every-Title-To-Death playbook annoys me, but with Battletech I’d actually be quite appreciative. New mech packs, New mission packs, maybe bigger DLC bundles rolling out Star League tech and a Comstar-focused campaign . . . I’m getting all giddy!

I just reached the point of no return before Coromodir, and expect to be in the same boat. I’m probably not going to continue doing missions after completing the game, so before doing the penultimate story mission, I took a trip to Taurus to see if all its positive-sounding descriptors translated to anything great in terms of equipment. There was a bit of neat stuff in the store, but the main difference maker was being able to do four straight 5-skull missions and load up on salvage.

At this point, my main lance is two King Crabs, an Atlas, and the SLDF Highlander, with another 8 assault mechs ready to go as replacements (though not decked out to the same degree in terms of equipment). And I have a couple pilots at 10/10/10/10 with more close behind.

This has been fantastic, but I’m about ready for it to wrap up. I do wish that it was set up with a mix of different tonnage limits rather than encouraging maximum tonnage/firepower at every opportunity. Early-game battles were somewhat more dynamic and unpredictable, due to the additional movement on the mechs, the higher use of cover and melee, and the inability to reliably called-shot 300 damage to the CT on demand.

Does this mean Pardox controls the IP now? It would be fun to see a 4X Battletech.

I played a mission with my B team when I was tired, and it did not work out too well. My BattleMaster got its head blown off by sniper turret, and my Stalker lost half it’s LRMs, including my only LRM 15+++. I had to replace the two LRM 15, with an LRM 20 and an LRM 5, until I can farm a new LRM 15 ++.

Like empire of the fading suns! It was flawed but I remember ambitious for the time.

Or that Simtex game that never came out, Mechlords. Paradox could put one of their other studios on it and let Harebrained continue to work on the current game.

I’d be all over a Paradox style 4X in the Battletech Universe.

I would also like a merc game where you do the management and send out the lances like a hero management sim. :)

Sign me up.

That game was so much fun (as was the P&P RPG it was based on). Flawed as heck but planetary invasions! House politics! That sort of thing in a BT universe would be awesome. I always liked the BattleForce planetary assault stuff.

Dear Cthulhu, please allow us to ctrl/click to delete multiple saves already!

I’ve always wanted a great Dune game, that took advantage of the scope of that universe. The Westwood RTS was great, but really wasn’t taking advantage of the Dune setting. The Empire of the Fading Suns game was the closest that we ever got.

Civ 4 Dune Mod was great.

Played a little a few months ago. Then I got distracted by Fall from Heaven…
Of course, then Battletech Happened!

Oh ya, me too! Can you imagine hiring McCarron’s Armored Cavalry for a raid on planet XXX, where perhaps they’ll face off against units of the Crucis Lancers…etc etc.

Grand Strategy in the Battletech Universe. Sign me up now!

$7.5M seems like a bargain for anything these days.

Anyway, you guys aren’t thinking wacky enough. How about Shadowrun Crusader Kings?

Fine.

Manage teams of physical adepts in Mechs. ZENTRADI OP! They fight for Ratings. Lowest rating team is literally eliminated at the end of the season.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/04/battletech-speed-options-patch-details/

That’s a very heartening interview. It sounds like the devs have the right attitude and are going to give the players several options to customize play speed. The “hurry up this action” button is particularly anticipated by me; it might make me stop using debug mode.