Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Convoy mission are the worst because I think they slave each convoy unit to one of your Mechs, and if your Mech gets too far outside it’s activation radius, the vehicle just stops moving, regardless if you’re ahead of behind it.

I think simply any Mech must be within a certain (fairly close) distance. If not the vehicles stop moving. So I generally set my mechs up in a conga line with steady intervals if there are no enemies around. If there are enemies I generally take them out first and then go back to pick up any stragglers.

Yeah convoy missions are generally easy because there are no enemies after the first wave until the first vehicle makes it to the destination, so even if the convoy gets separated, just waste a turn not leading the forward elements to the goal and the rear will catch up. Usually I find either all four get off on the first turn, or else it takes two turns, but either way dealing with the second enemy wave is usually pretty straightforward. If you just tag them with any attack whatsoever it diverts their aggro away from the convoy. I usually let my LRM mech shepherd the convoy while the others set up to wait for the enemy to land.

I meant, the first campaign mission after the tutorial, in which the princess first discovers that some of her subjects have been turned against her.

If this is not a common occurrence then I will simply start over without loading/saving anything. If it is a common occurrence then I’m not sure what to do.

My apologies as I experienced it on the NEXT mission. Since I experienced a similar issue in other scripted encounters at least twice (thought that is not bad in 400 hours of play time), I would just try replaying it. If however it continues to occur I would check my file integrity and report it to the developers.

I did some further snooping and I think the problem was the BattletechPerformanceFix mod. It has not been updated for BT 1.6.0, and other people have made complaints too. Anyway, I turned it off and was able to complete the mission.

I noticed there was no autosave after this mission. Do autosaves after missions need to be turned on in settings somewhere? I can’t find the option.

sorry no idea.

Thanks. Now I am facing the dilemma that my air conditioner may not be up to snuff to play this game. My PC is old but it kicks out a ton of heat. And I can’t open the window since it’s still 80+ F and very wet and humid.

:(

I had that with my previous PC and some racing sims. Would heat up the room bad. I was able to get by with fans pumping air, but it got really warm.

I would suggest a small window air conditioner unit if that’s possible.

A few more suggestions:

• buy two, 64 ounce bottles of fruit juice. Empty them out and fill them with water. Put one bottle in the freezer and drink the other, and then switch them out as needed. A continuous supply of ice-cold water makes a huge difference in keeping your heat down.
  • get a $15 box fan from Walmart. They work forever and keep the air streaming by
  • clothing is the enemy. You want to strip down to the bare essentials needed for decency and cooling. Ideally you should look like this while playing:

Following from the other replies, some tips:

• Don’t fire your PPC’s as often.
  • Look into coolant flush, may be worth the investment if heat is what’s stopping you from reaching your potential as a Mechwarrior.
  • Open the hatch of your cockpit during any downtime.

ROFL! Thumbs up!

That’s what I have. It’s not small, but it’s a POS.

Nice weather this week however.

Credit to Middcore over at GWJ for pointing out that the 3025 Extended mod has a new “Commander Edition” release now

Highlights: It now includes the entire inner sphere map, along with a “quirk” system for both pilots and mechs and the panic system that means that fights no longer have to end with pilot death.

An example quirk for pilots is I have one guy who “barters” to lower market prices and another who is a fallen noble whose mood changes depending on how much money we have in the bank.

Mech quirk examples include “rugged” which means they take less to repair, “Narrow” (harder to hit), or “Armless” which makes it harder for them to regain footing after a knockdown and makes them unable to sprint in the same turn they stand up.

I just grabbed it and installation was very easy, (especially compared to Rogue Tech which I never managed to get working).

Holy cats. I just installed BE 3025 last night, and was mildly impressed with the “old” version. Time to grab the new one!

Thanks for the head’s up, Mr. B.

Is this in addition to rogue tech or in place of it?

Don’t mix and match. RogueTech is a completely compilation mod.

Edit: There appears to be a lot more balance and feature changes compared to the first 3025 mod. I’d go with the old one if you want to keep everything more or less vanilla.

Awesome! Thanks for the head’s up @Mr_Bismarck.

Look at that beauty: