Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Well, there goes my weekend.

No, I will not click on your link. I have a thesis to finish. You will not tempting me…
Well, maybe a little.

So it looks like you can get in the beta for $60. Seems a bit high for a $35 game, but I am really looking forward to this. Is it worth $60 right now? (I probably know the answer to this already.)

I did get it working far enough to see contracts (but not accept any yet) before deciding to reroll to make some adjustments. I’m actually writing up some instructions to help myself remember better if I reroll again. I’ll post those when I finish.

There are some docs both in two places in the install that will help. I’ll give some more instructions later this evening after I get home.

Yes, I tried that. I could not find the contracts. The one tab that seemed to be right had none.

I’ve been using the following sources as guides:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784
Also, from the install folder:
\docs\AtB Stuff\AtB documentation.19_8 (WIP).txt
\docs\Official AtB TT Rules 2.31.xls

Those have close to the same information, but there are a few differences. The spreadsheet is needed for figuring out what random rolls you have to manually make to determine some starting state.

I found the contracts not on a tab, but in the Marketplace > Contract Market… menu.

I’ll have my setup steps hopefully ready tomorrow some time. These will hopefully be a little more streamlined and up to date.

Here’s the steps I used to get going. This is hopefully a little more clear in some spots, and a little more optimal.

https://pastebin.com/XtLTT4ET

I went ahead and bumped the 13-year-old MegaMek thread, since I started a little Against the Bot campaign for myself and wanted a dedicated place for it.

Yeah, when talking about terrible pizza, I thought, ”pizza from New England".

But still, at no point will I ever not eat pizza. I don’t think that’s gonna change as I age.

I’d eat the shit out of that. Spam is awesome. Especially Spam musubi. MMmmmmmm, musubi…

Hell, Brian, I didn’t know you were native Ha’waiian! I always thought you were a haole.

Nah, we just have amazing Ramen places around here, which is where I first had it. Also the King’s Hawaiian main bakery is nearby, and they have their own restaurant, which has AMAZING musubi.

that reads like an anagram

Damn straight

I think Pennsylvanians have a natural love for spam.

Along with the very regional scrapple, I grew up with another breakfast meat called “pork roll”. It was very similar when cooked to fried spam.

Spam fried in a pan just becomes an amazingly awesome thing, and if someone doesn’t like it, they are probably a communist.

Speaking of the, um, game, I finally played a skirmish battle last night with the backer beta. It was surprisingly satisfying and pretty damn good. Makes me happy on the one hand, and sad I’ll have to wait til next year for the real deal.

Thank god!

SCRAPPLE CAN BURN IN HELL!