Below - Action-Adventure Roguelike by Capybara

Scott, or anyone in the know, have Capy mentioned how much Below will cost yet? I’m definitely keen to pick it up tomorrow, but I have been a little silly with spending recently (see killer7, Ashen, Sunset Overdrive, Smash, The Return of Obra Din all of which I’ve enjoyed a great deal).

Am I the only one who tried to use scroll to zoom in during the video?

Nope, I wish - it’s asked about all over and Capy remains silent on the matter. The assumption is $10-20, I think $20 the most likely and is what I’m planning for. I’ll pay $30 for it, but I don’t know if (even as excited as I am) I’ll dip in more than that. We’ll see.

@RichVR it’s a common complaint about the game when people watch it. I suspect when it’s in full screen in front of you while you are playing it, the far out feel won’t be a problem. Personally, I love it - I feel like most games I’m zoomed in way too close to the action, but I’m keen to see it first hand.

Heh, yeah its crazy the abundance of great games right now , and the deals, the DEALS.
This is what I added to Steam in the last 2 weeks, and I am picking up BELOW on release day if its $20.

12-12-2018%207-58-58%20PM

For every new game you buy, you must get a Steam refund on something in your backlog.

What’s even funnier is that you also started a thread.

All three of you have Capybara in the title, so if you search for that, you find all 3 threads.

A good workaround around all this is that every time it falls off the “front page”, we’ll start a new thread.

ezgif-2-7c4d6f0e58da

Haha, whoops! When I made mine I even tried Googling Below and Quarter to Three because it felt wrong there wouldn’t be a thread, but I couldn’t find anything. Now I know I should’ve tried Capybara! I just hope enough people know it’s coming out.

@lordkosc Those will keep you busy. I finally got around to playing through Shadow Warrior 2 earlier this year, and had a really sweet time with it. I need to deep dive into MGS V some point soon, too, as I loved Ground Zeroes.

Oh for crying out loud.

I think @stusser or @Clay or @tomchick can MERGE the threads. They have the power!

Yes, one thread to rule them all!

Thanks, Tom! :)

On a scale of 7-10, how hyped are you to play Below?

A Capy employee revealed on Resetera the game will cost $24.99.

Jim Guthrie’s soundtrack is out now:

https://twitter.com/Capy_Nathan/status/1073280375290499073

After downloading it on Xbox Gamepass, I uninstalled a few minutes into it. I’m too old to play this, my 20/20 vision can’t handle how tiny the playable pixel is.

I’m really interested to hear longer-form impressions of the game. I played ~30 min at PAX this year and it seemed neat, but it wasn’t nearly enough to wrap my head around it as a whole, or understand how it progresses in the longer term.

I was expecting to not be able to play it, but the requirements listed on the Steam store are putting this way beyond anything I’ll be able to play before a few years. Bubye, Below!

If someone buys this, please let me know if it works on 2550 x 1440 (QHD?, WQHD? whatever the frip it’s called).

Works perfectly at 1440p. Looks and runs amazing so far.

Here is a full 1440p image I took of the very, very beginning.

Character model and environments in full screen on a 27" monitor are totally fine, maybe even ideal, so I think those with smaller TV’s or that sit further away may have an issue, and if that’s the case, get it on PC so you can play on a monitor right in front of you, would be my initial suggestion so far.

@Left_Empty I didn’t even think to look, what are the specs? They can’t be that high, it runs on XBO?

Since I have the specs up… (The difference in space requirements intrigues me.)
MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i3
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia 550 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 5 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5 or higher
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia 750 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 10 GB available space

I might pick this up on my new xbox one, just to play something not Forza.