Best FPS on the market?

A minor claim to fame- I once waited on him in a Pizza restaurant in Melbourne’s red light district. He doesn’t like capsicum.

I can’t recommend NOLF2 enough. It’s a shame that the early levels aren’t as strong as the rest of the game – nearly everything from level 5 on is brilliant. I suspect more than a few people tossed it aside after dealing with the ninja girls in the first few levels.

I’ve been totally hooked on Enemy Territory lately. The main problem is games tend to rise and fall with the number of newbies on either side, but on the plus side, it’s free.

Battlefield 1942 and The Road To Rome will last you a long time if you have the hardware and broadband to enjoy it correctly.

Glad to see I’m not the only person who really enjoyed SOF2’s combat. The AI may have not been that great, but I thought the combat model was stellar. I wish the multiplayer had been more popular.

Of course, by now you’re probably playing whatever you bought. :-)

• Sluggo

Yes, BF1942 of course; I didn’t mention it because, well, I assumed the issue was single player FPS games. I put myself in the camp of “meh” for Battlefield’s solo play. It works, but damn it’s boring IMO. Online however the game roXors.