Beyond Good & Evil 2 officially announced

I was thinking more along the line of Mirror’s Edge.

In BG&E 1 there were a few spectacular chase scenes like that.

And technically is good but at the same level of Ass Creed or Mirror’s Edge, so it could be real time.

Ass Creed? That sounds disgusting.

Badass!

Hmmm… the music and visuals didn’t have much in common with the BG&E I know and love.

PROPAGANDA!

Less generic pseudo-realism, more charming and chunky exaggeration, please.

That said, I’m cautiously optimistic. I haven’t liked a single of Ubisoft Montreal’s high-profile titles for quite some years … hopefully, this game will change that impression.

I don’t think this is going to affect the perception of Ubi Montreal, because Ubisoft Montpellier is the developer. This is no more generic than the previous game’s Disney-aping.

On a side note, I wonder if Frederick Raynal’s project is Rabbids Go Home.

Thanks for the correction regarding the studio, but I personally believe that any Disney-aping is better than the “realistic because we can” normal-mapped, harshly lit stuff that’s flooding the market right now, and sadly it looks like BG&E2 falls into this category.

I don’t like this generation’s dominant visual style, quite simply. Crackdown and Prince of Persia seems to have set in motion a different way to think about shader use (see Borderlands), but I still feel like there’s way too little experimentation going on.

Maybe for shooters, which I mostly don’t play? Seems to me the “dominant visual style” is all over the map, including simulated cel shading and all kinds of other funky faked manual animation effects.

Maybe I’m just being pessimistic, and hung up on so many blockbuster titles being UE3-powered gritathons that I fail to see the bigger picture.

I’ll go look for it next Tuesday, when I have time.

Disney? Eh?

If you want to be sure that BGE2 looks and feels just the way you want it to be you can always apply for the open position as Senior Game Designer

If only I was qualified!

Looks like this is on hold now. Lame! I actually dug up my old copy and played it again last month, just to get myself up to speed.

~mink~

On behalf of all the fans,

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Ubi, don’t fuck BG&E again. You did it once by not giving it any damn support, and it’s still selling copies despite. There’s no excuse for making thirty Imagine games a month and no BG&E 2.

History is cyclical, the game was already put on hold once in favor of King Kong. Now it happens again with Tintin.

Ah shit. I knew it was too good to be true!

I thought this was old news? I was surprised when a poster here at Qt3 mentioned it being on hold in a different thread. I posted a surprised comment asking where he heard that, and he pointed me to an interview with someone at Ubisoft. But my google-fu is failing me, I can’t find it anymore.

Anyway, I was disappointed then too.

Bleh…