Beyond Good & Evil 2 officially announced

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This being on hold is gay

It has gone to join Outcast 2 in a world where the decent games are made.

I’m still bummed over that one. Thanks for reminding me!

Yeah, me too. It hadn’t occurred to me before, but I’ll bet Outcast fans all loved BG&E.

According to Gamekult (French site) work on the game is continuing.

Babelfish translation

Although that is still not formally announced the existence of “Beyond Good & Evil 2” is a reality for Ubisoft, which has even cracked already a first teaser opening Ubidays 2008. Contacted by the editor to know the progress of the project, the French publisher has assured us that development “taking its course” and was not interrupted.

Asked about the ambiguous statements of the President of the American branch, Laurent Detoc, in June ( “As to whether or not there is another [BG & E], it remains to be seen”), spokesman of the parent company has also sought to reassure the title is always provided and continues her pregnancy.And sweep the same time, at least officially, the latest rumors on the date in brackets project. There are now only waiting for communication around the track starts - finally - on the road.

Rumors surfaced that claim that Michel Ancel left Ubisoft to from his own studio.

According to a Google translation from a French gaming website:

Have revealed that Michel Ancel had disembarked Beyond Good & Evil 2 and was party found another studio (whose name we have not had communicated) with one of its developers Spotlight (here yet, no name has yet circulated).

Also according to the same source, the turnaround was due to internal problems with Ubisoft during development (which is already well advanced) Beyond Good & Evil 2. Ancel has also affirmed its desire to return to more traditional games (Type 2D)

The translation gives you the general idea so I won’t bother retranslating. The developer Spotlight who left is one of the “star developers” though. :)

The last paragraph seems to say that, while there has been no official confirmation, it is not a rumour and they expect to get more info on the fate of BG&E2 soon-ish, at E3 for example.

In the words of Henry Higgins: Damn, damn, damn, DAMN!

Wendelius

Well I don’t know the website and so I played it safe by saying it’s a rumor. :)

Sad for B&G 2 for sure if true but I like his idea of going back to 2D games instead (maybe as Indie?).
I had tons of fun with 2D indie games in the last months.

Darn, I sure hope it’s not cancelled :/

Ubifail denies that Michel left the company and claims that work on B&G 2 is going on.

Maybe we hear something reliable at E3.

He’s apparently working on a new Rayman.

If this is still around, I’d expect a 2011 release at the earliest.

Michel Ancel confirms Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still being worked on.

“On this game, we’re keeping the team small, to preserve creativity and so the game doesn’t become a commercial product, so that is has soul”

What a crock of…

Yes, except everyone will start to lose interest if this game doesn’t get released by the end of the year

How so? Small team, small budget, more room to fail. Large team, large budget, more at risk, and you can’t afford to take chances.

I’m just happy to hear they’re still working on it.

Who is “everyone” And how do you lose interest in something that isn’t released yet?

Yea, the first one was released in 2003, if people are still interested after 7 years a few more months won’t make a difference.

If they said “Coming in 2017”, I’d simply set my alarm.